Chapter 16

A/N
sorry i'm so terrible and make you guys wait so long for chapters, but I've just been busy. I'll update as soon as I can. Thanks for all the votes and comments. Most importantly, thanks for staying true to my story. You're truly amazing.

Maya Hart

The four us walked down the hallway together, and I stared at Lucas all the way to class. It wasn't like me to fawn over someone this much. I was supposed to be the tough one, not the soft one. 

Something about the cowboy wore away my stronger layer. He could easily open up and pull the real me out. He already knew who I was. He was easy to open up to. Something about it all made me feel vulnerable, and I hated being vulnerable.

Despite everything bad that had happened to me, Lucas gave me hope. Hope was a terrifying thing. When you hope for things you get let down, and I wasn't sure I could handle being let down by him. 

We sat down in our usual seats in the classroom. Lucas behind me, Farkle behind Riley, and we were both exposed. There was nothing I hated more than being exposed, being vulnerable. I jumped out of my seat. 

"Maya?" Lucas called out to me. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I can't-" I turned and left the room. I could hear footsteps chasing after me, but I didn't stop until the hot tears dried away and I was hunched over catching my breath.

Omg, it's being like 2 years since I updated. This has so much more support than I originally ever thought it would. The reason I haven't updated is because I have a new account and I got locked out of this one, so... I have an idea for you. What if I switched this story over to my regular account and get on an update schedule. I'll do editing, and make the chapters better. Honestly, the amount of support on this story is surreal. I have over 60k reads. You're all so wonderful. I promise if I switch this story over and get chapters edited and make them longer that I will update. I'm sorry. I feel as though I've let you all down. Just comment if you want me to keep it going on my regular account, and I'll switch it over. Check my new account (posted in the comments) for the story.