Ch 6

Maya Pov

After I ripped the sign off Lucas' back I ran to the park. It was dark outside and I couldn't see where I was going. My phone didn't have a flashlight, it was a flip phone. I smacked into a tree. Hard. I fell on the ground and I just lay there thinking about what a crap day this was. I felt my phone vibrate.

*Maya's phone

Huckleberry: Where are you?

Huckleberry: Maya are you okay?

Huckleberry: I know your at the park.

Huckleberry: Your just laying on the ground by the tree you slammed into.

"Are you stalking me, Huckleberry?" I asked.

"I came to check on you." He replied.

"Sorry, your not my doctor."

"Clever. Now, come on. I'll walk you home." He told me.

He held his hand out to me, but I knocked it back. I just turned and leaned agaimst the tree.

"You don't want to go home fine, but I'm not leaving you here alone." He said.

I felt his arm come in contact with mine. We sat there quietly looking up at the sky. His hand grazed mine and I jumped. Lucas pulled his hand back and stood. Without another offer to take me home, he left.

I ran to catch him. I grabbed his shoulder. He stopped walking but didn't say or do anything. He just stood there quietly.

"Walk me home, Huckleberry?" I asked, shivering.

He put his arm around me, pulling me in tight and we walked home.