Ch 1

Riley Pov

My friends and I were sitting on the couch watching American Idol. Well, Farkle and I were. Maya was on the floor by Lucas and they had their phones out. Lucas would type and scroll through some stuff , then Maya would type and flip her phone shut and doodle on her hand.

"Well, we could go to the park." I heard Maya suggest.

"It's raining, Maya." I remarked.

"Rain's fun. Come on, Riley!" Farkle begged.

"We have to find out who's going to win." I told them.

"You're the only one paying attention." Farkle pointed out, joining the text group.

"It's obvious you're all texting each other. Fine. If you guys speak verbally, I'll go to the park." I replied.

Lucas smiled and Maya and Farkle nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya and I had split away from the two boys and we were sitting under a tree. Maya had her phone out and was constantly texting.

Suddenly, Maya smiled and looked up at me.

"Ranger Rick sparkles when he's wet." Maya laughed.

"Are you really texting them right now!? Maya!" I shouted.

"Well, he sent me a picture!"

I just sat there and stared at the dirt. Maya was texting Lucas and Farkle, and she wasn't talking to me.

"Mrs. Forski's?"

"Yeah, hold on. I've gotta ask Riles... hey Riley, want to go to Mrs. Forski's?"

"Sure."

"She said yeah. Meet you at the swings in a second."

Maya and I started walking toward the boys.

I looked at my feet. Maybe they were talking about Lucas liking me.