"Mafuckin NEXT! No more dick for ya ass. You're too damn happy."

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window as she drove. It was a beautiful sight no doubt, but this car ride just got boring with no music.

"Jax cut some music on damn it's boring as hell."

She cut her eyes at me then back at the road. She didn't say anything just kept driving. I tried to take MY phone from her but she wouldn't let go. I didn't want to fight with her because our life was literally in her hands.

"Babe can I have my phone back please?"

She sucked her teeth and handed it to me. Right as I was about to hit play my phone rang. When I saw who it was my whole demeanor changed. I caught a serious attitude and was mad at the world now.

"WHAT?" I yelled.

Jax looked over at me with concerned eyes. She placed her hand on my thigh to try and calm me down but that didn't work.

"Ion have no manners for no ho. You, mother are a ho ass bitch. So again what do you want?"

She called her self cursing me out, but that didn't do anything but make me angrier.

"I don't know who theeee fuck you think you talking to, but you called MY phone. So again the fuck you want lady?"

Jax squeezed my thigh causing me to glance over at her. She had this serious look on her face and I knew she was trying to tell me to go easy on her. For some reason she's been very forgiving lately. Maybe it was the shooting that caused this change, but honestly I didn't like it.

"Shai please just hear me out. I have some things to tell you" she tried pleading with me.

I honestly didn't want to hear what she had to say. She never gave me a chance to explain myself or tell my side of the story back then so why should I grant her this opportunity now?

"You have two minutes. Go."

She sniffled and I knew the dramatics were about to follow.

"Your father is dead."

I looked at my phone then put it back to my ear.

"Shai did you hear me?"

"Yea ma I heard you loud and clear. I'm just tryna figure out what that has to do with me?"

She burst into tears and wheezed uncontrollably. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temple. I just didn't understand. How could they treat me so bad, then expect me to feel some type of way once shit hits the fan.

"Shai that is your father. How could you not have any compassion for what's going on with this family?"

I was about to hang up on her but Jax stopped me. She gave me THAT look so I continued the conversation. We still had another thirty minutes before we arrived at the beach so what else was I going to do?

"So let me get this straight. You had no compassion or remorse when you threw me out on my ass, but now that ya ass widowed and lonely you want me to come back and care?"

A silence fell over the phone and my mother didn't say anything. I was beyond irritated and couldn't wait to get to the beach, buy some drinks and relax.

"Babe just be nice and hear her out. No she hasn't been the best mother..." I cut her off with the quickness.

"No she hasn't been a mother at all."

"Shai let me fuckin finish, damn!" She glanced over at me, her hand still gripping my thigh. "Like I was saying, I know she hasn't been the best mother over the past year or so, but that's your father."

I remained quiet until I knew she was done. My "mother" was on the other side boo hoo crying and Jax was being sentimental. I couldn't take it. I needed a drink and soon.

"Shai I know we hurt you, but just think about coming to the funeral please. It will be this Thursday at one-thirty."

Without another word I hung up the phone. I wasn't trying to hear her fake tears anymore. She wasn't a mother all this time, and now that she was lonely she wanted to apologize.

The rest of the ride was silent and I was fine with that. I didn't have anything else to say to anyone. My mood was now messed up and I just wanted to drink.

*
*
*

Thursday Morning

We stepped off of the plane and I looked around. I never confirmed with my mother whether I was coming or not, but somehow she knew anyway and insisted she pick me up from the airport. I know Jax told her we were coming, so the whole plane ride I ignored her.

"Hey Shai. How are you?"

I walked right past her to load my luggage into the car.

"I'll be better when all of this is over."

She let out a heavy sigh and walked over to the driver's side. Jax got in the back and so did I. She started the car and drove off. When I noticed that she was heading towards her house I corrected her.

"Um no we're staying in a hotel. The reservations are already made. Don't want to see anyone right now!"

She kind of held her head down, but did as I said. Jax periodically looked at me during the ride, but never said anything. I wasn't looking forward to this weekend at all. I closed my eyes and silently got myself and thoughts together.

***

Heyy y'all, sorry with the long wait, but here's an update. As always leave comments, vote & share