8

Unknown
Monday Morning

I was cleaning up when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw I had a message. It was a picture. I clicked on it to make it bigger and when I saw who it was my mouth dropped to the floor. I grabbed my purse and keys and headed straight for the car. "Unbelievable."

Shai

I was walking from my 9:30 class with Zion and Jax. Ty was meeting up with us after her 11:15. I walked holding Jax's hand getting smiles and smirks from the people walking by. The students were a lot more open and accepting than I thought they would be. It's been about three weeks since we've been talking and it's going great. Other than the Ty situation there have been no problems.

"Let's take a picture for the gram" Zion suggested. She lived for selfies or whatever. We squeezed together for the picture and when the flash came on I covered my eyes making the ugliest face. Z laughed and said she's keeping it. I rolled my eyes and we tried again. This time it went way smoother and the picture was cute as hell. She put it on Instagram and captioned it The Three Amigos 👌🏽.

We started walking again until we were stopped. "This is what I send you to school for? To be some kind of Dyke?"

I looked up and it was my mother. Why the hell was she popping up on me like I was a little kid? I rolled my eyes and tried to explain but she wasn't hearing it. She slapped me across the face and it stung. A tear threatened to roll down my cheek but I wiped it away.

"What was that for?" I asked. She smirked and pointed between Jax and Me. "This is over. NOW! No daughter of mine is going to be a dyke."

Her words hurt. I stood there emotionless. Unable to move or speak. So many things were running through my mind. How did she find out? Is she following me? Is someone else following me?

"No disrespect but who the fuck you calling a dyke? No one here thinks their a man nor do they carry themselves as such. So take your stuck in the dark ages ass the fuck on somewhere" Jax said.

She brought me out of my trance when I realized she was talking to my mom. She was right, very right but I couldn't let her talk to my mom that way. "Babe calm down. I'll handle it." She looked at me and rolled her eyes walking off but not before telling me to hurry up.

"Mom why are you here?" She frowned as if I had asked her something in a foreign language. She stepped closer to me and shoved her phone screen in my face. It was a picture of Jax and me leaving Buffalo Wild Wings.

"Who sent this to you?" I already knew the answer to the question but I wanted to see what fabricated lie she would come up with. She slid her phone back in her pocket and poked her lips out. She looked like a lil' boogie bitch. "Don't worry about all of that. Just worry about what school you're going to transfer to because I will not tolerate this lesbianism you have partaken in."

Partaken in? Why is she trying to sound so got damn smart and above what she really is? I had to make the first real decision of my life. Stay and be disowned or leave and allow my mom to continue to control my life. I thought long and hard for about five seconds, looked back at Jax's beautiful face and radiating skin. She made me happy and so did Zion, Ty, and Sierra. They were all my friends and made being in this little ass school worth it. Let me bring this broad down a few notches.