[m]Confessions of A Wild Markimoo

What's up my cutie patooties??? I feel so terrible, in a sense of my doctor keeps telling me I have allergies when I'm legitimately sick....

But oh well. Here's a cute little sissy I wrote when my power was out, AGAIN, and I find it quite entertaining 😁😁😁
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"So there's this girl..." Mark started off, making me jump in my seat.

"And? And? I need more than that Marki. Do you like her?" I ask bouncing in my seat. He smiled lightly at my actions and continues to edit his video.

The apartment was quiet this morning, what with Chica at the vet and Apollo off doing cat things. Mark say across from me at the island as I took a sip of coffee, savor in the taste with a soft smack of my lips.

Even though we had been friends since grade school, he never really confided in me for personal thing. The fact that he wanted to share such a personal thing with me made me feel honored and quite honestly, a little bit special. I've had a crush on him for a while now, but I hid it well knowing Mark wouldnt reciprocate the feelings. I respected him too much to weasel my way into his heart.

I wait patiently for him to continue until the silence becomes unbearable. I tap my fingers on the island to regain his attention and gesture for him to continue when he finally looks up.

"Well?" I ask impatiently.

"What's she like? Is she sarcastic? Witty? Artsy? Or is she... A hipster?" He chews on his lip nervously as he tries to construct the right words in his head to describe this seemingly wonderful girl who has stolen his heart, the very guy who loved his work so much that dating was an afterthought.

"Well..." He trails off, "She's amazing." He smiles to himself and looks down at his laptop. I look at him blankly.

"Is that it? She's amazing. That's real specific Mark." I say. He peers over his laptop at me and laughs a little.

"Well how else can I describe her?" I give him a long look.

"Well you could start off with what she looks like or what she's interested in. Or maybe why you fell for her in the first place." I suggest.

"Uh... Well she's pretty. She has really nice hair and a great smile." I groan and stomp my bare foot on the kitchen tiles.

"Blah blah blah. Such a generic and boring description Mark." I joke, "be more specific pretty please." He chuckled a bit and ran his hand through his hair, tugging at it and letting it fall into a gorgeous mess.

"Okay. Okay. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. When she smiles, I feel butterflies. My mind goes blank when I hear her laugh and I can't work whenever I've just been with her because I'll zone out and keep thinking of her and end up crashing a game or something else equally stupid." He explains as I grin from ear to ear and clap my hands together in delight.

"Still not physically descriptive, but I'll let it slide since she has a real affect on you Markimoo. I'm so happy for you!!" I say, wiping a fake year from my eye.

"They grow up so fast on you." He laughs a bit and grabs my mug, taking a sip.

"Oh shut up."

"What? Everyone gets sad when their baby grows up." I laugh. He laughs too throwing a sugar packet at me, which I dodge dramatically.

"This is definitely NOT my first girlfriend and I've got plenty of swagger to catch any girl." He playfully tosses his hair in mock pretension. I chuckle and toss the sugar back at him.

"Trés chic, monsieur." He flourishes his hand and pretends he is accepting a round of applause, posing in his chair. We both laugh as I toss another sugar packet at him. We smile at each other and I take my mug back, taking a much needed drink of coffee and watch as Mark continues editing.

"So what are you going to do about it? Or her I mean?" I ask, leaning onto the island. I run my fingers around the rim of my mug waiting for his answer. He paused, looking at me.

"Do about it?" He asks nervously.

"You can't just tell me all about how you feel and expect me to not ask you how you're going to deal with it." I huff out. He gulps nervously and reaches to scratch the back of his neck.

"Well... I wasn't really planning on doing anything about it, really," he says, "besides... I don't think she's really into me anyway." He looks away and down at his computer.

"Bullshit!! Who wouldn't love you?? I mean, you're smart, funny, sincere, and devilishly handsome." I count out on my fingers, "there's no way she doesn't like you. Call her."

"What? Right now?" He looks horrified at the idea. I lean forward more, slamming my hands on the table and flinch, feeling a slight pain go up my wrist.

"YES!!" I say indignantly. He shakes his head and looks at his phone sitting on the table. I growl at him and he just smiled back.

"I really don't think I should." He says. I throw my hands in the air and flop back against the counter, wincing as I hit my wrist again.

"Why not? If you don't do it when someone else is encouraging you to, then you'll never do it." I say, rubbing my wrist. He considers that thought for a moment and reaches for his phone.

"Don't judge me, and go out some ice on that." He tells me and starts rapping away at his phone. I grin and perk up from my position.

"I won't, and I will." I tell him, practically vibrating in my spot from excitement. He holds his phone in his hand, taking a deep breath, and then presses his thumb down on the call button. He holds it up to his ear and makes eye contact with me. I raise my brows in confusion, still smiling. He smiles a bit and looks at his laptop, clearly not liking the position he was in. The familiar tune of 'All The Way' blares from my phone and j curse at whomever was ruining my fun. I reach for my phone down the island and see Marks name flashing at me on the screen.

No fucking way.

I look down at my phone again and hover my thumb over the answer button, tapping it and holding it up to my ear. We stare at each other.

"Hi," I hear Mark chuckle through the receiver and in front of me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"