Kid in love

"Lauren, are you even listening to me?" Camila had stopped trying to explain how to solve the math problem when she noticed the distant look on her student's eyes.

Lauren had her chin resting on her hands, looking up at her intently with an expression on her face that Camila couldn't quite decipher. This had been a usual occurrence to them and although Camila wasn't mad, it was quite tiring having to repeat what she has to say. It had been less than 20 minutes since she had arrived and she couldn't count how many times she had to repeat what she had to say due to the fact that she knew Lauren wasn't at all listening.

Sometimes, she wondered what was going on in that mind of her's.

The 11 year old hummed and smiled sweetly, tilting her head to the side. "Yes."

"Okay," Camila gave her a funny look. "So, anyways, the problem is pretty simple—"

"Yes." Lauren muttered inattentively.

Camila paused and glanced at Lauren who still had that look on her face, shaking her head in amusement.

"Stop looking at me like that, kid."

"Okay." Lauren breathed out and Camila kept her gaze on her for a moment, as if she was trying to figure out if she was serious, as if she was waiting for Lauren to crack but she didn't, so she continued.

"Anyways..." Camila playfully narrowed her eyes at her but Lauren only batted her eyelashes and smiled. Camila rolled her eyes, chuckling. "All you have to do is add these numbers together and divide them. It's pretty easy, I don't think you even need my help anymore."

Lauren's eyes widened and she sat up straight, shaking her head vigorously that Camila was worried she'd have a whiplash. "No! I mean, I do need your help."

Camila giggled at her little outburst. "Alright, chill Lo, I'm not going to leave you. I promise."

"Good." Lauren breathed out. Camila wasn't sure if she was suppose to hear that, so she shrugged it off and once again repeated from the beginning.

-

"Look Camz! I got an A."

The 16 year old looked up, her face beaming upon seeing the girl. She grinned even wider when she saw the paper on Lauren's hand, a bright green mark on the upper right corner of the paper and a star on the back of her palm. She felt proud, of course, it wasn't usual that Lauren would get an A on her math quizzes.

"I also got a star, see? The teacher gave me a star, because I got an A." Lauren said and Camila giggled, pulling the girl in for a tight hug, she just couldn't resist. Lauren was too adorable and This must be the surprise she also told her about on the phone.

Lauren's cheeks flushed as she awkwardly wrapped her arms around her tutors waist, closing her eyes and engraved this moment in her memories.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." Camila whispered and pulled away, taking a look at the paper once again. Lauren bashfully tucked her hair behind her ear, casting her eyes down on her shoes shyly. "I told you could do it."

"Yes, because you're my tutor and you're a good tutor." Lauren whispers and Camila fought the urge to awe, because that was just the most adorable thing she had ever seen and heard.

"Thank you, sweetie. I'm really proud of you, you so deserve an ice cream for this."

Lauren beamed and she started jumping up and down excitedly. "Can we have pizza instead? I love pizza!"

"Of course babe, let me just order—"

Camila's phone rings.

The older girl pulled out her phone and Lauren notice how her eyes lit up upon seeing the name flashing on the screen. She wondered who it could be.

"Hold on, Lo, I'll be back real quick. I just have to take this." She didn't even give Lauren a glance or wait for her response. She just left the room, closing the door behind her, making the 11 year old frown deeply.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows when she heard giggles from outside the door and rolled her eyes, annoyed. She fought the urge to eavesdrop on their conversation, because her parents said that's rude, so she didn't.

Instead, she sat down on the bed and waited for Camila to come back.

Soon enough (but felt like hours to Lauren) Camila returned and gave Lauren an apologetic look. The green eyed girl wasn't sure if she really was sorry.

"Lo, hey, I'm really sorry but can we do this next time? I promise I'll buy you pizza and ice cream."

Lauren frowned, but shrugged. "Okay."

Camila sighed and pecked the girls cheeks before she retrieved her belongings. "I'm really sorry, Lauren. You know that right? I just have.. Somewhere to be and—"

"I said okay."

Camila frowned at her attitude but shook it off. Perhaps, she's upset Camila didn't end up buying her pizza today.

"I'll see you next Friday," Camila muttered, gave Lauren a smile before leaving.

-

It was next Friday, at precisely 3:30 pm, half an hour of the time Camila usually arrives.

"Mom? Where's Camz? I need help with my homework."

"Oh, Karla?" Clara asked and turned around, wiping her hands on her apron. Lauren scrunched up her nose. because she knew Camila didn't like it when people call her by her first name. "She's not here, what do you need help for?"

"Why?" Lauren ignored her last question, frowning deeply. Camila would call her if she couldn't come, which never happened before. Only if she's late, but that's fine with Lauren.

"She told me you're doing great on your studies and I don't think you need a tutor anymore by then, so I let her go."

Lauren's face dropped. Was she really just a student to her? "Oh."

"Do you still need help with that?"

Lauren looked down at her notebook then back at her mom, shaking her head. "No, it's fine. I can do it."

"Alright, call me if you need anything mija."

"Okay.." Lauren muttered and ran back up to her room, flopping on top of her bed.

"She promised.."

-
IM BACK. Do y'all still remember me? Idk how long I haven't updated

So Tell me what you think or if you want another part!