Chapter 12

I wake up with a start, flying out of bed, making Annabeth jump.  It takes me a minute to realize that I'm not back at Camp Half-Blood, and I remember where I am and why I'm here.  Annabeth looked dazed, from just being woken up, but slowly her expression turned to one of delight.

"You're up!" She exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Madam Pomfrey he's up!" She yelled.

"Please don't shout, my head hurts." I said.

"Sorry." She responded sheepishly.

"Back up, he just got up." Madame Pomfrey ordered Annabeth, who backed away grinning.

"Now Percy, do you remember what happened?"

"I think it would be best if Professor Dumbledore heard." I responded.

"Ok." And she left to go get Professor Dumbledore.

A few minutes later, Madame Pomfrey walked in, followed by Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

"What happened?" Asks McGonagall.

"Well my wonderful grandfather Voldy decided to visit one of my dreams to have a chat." I respond.

"What did he say?" Dumbledore asked.

"Well I asked him about his whole world domination idea and he got annoyed so he shot this colorful curse at me. Then he asked me to join him, I refused so he got annoyed and gave me wonderful dreams of everyone dying. Fun times!" I say sarcastically.

"What was the curse he used?" Questioned Dumbledore.

"Cruci something.  Look I don't remember the fine details, I just remember that he threatened my friends' lives and that is not okay with me."  I punctuated my statement by standing up and picking up my wand from my bedside table, as riptide was already in my pocket.

"Sit back down, you are not well enough to start marching around after the most powerful wizard ever." Madam Pomfrey ordered.  I begrudgingly sat back down with a huff.

"Drink this." Annabeth handed my some ambrosia and I gulped it down as fast as I could, the headache that appeared when I stood up slowly drifting away.

"If this happens again, please come see me right away.  Right now I have some business to attend to.  You are excused from your classes for the week and are to stay in here until Madam Pomfrey dismisses you." Dumbledore said as he stood up and then exited the hospital wing with Professor McGonagall by his side.

Sadly, that still left a teacher in his way of spending time with Annabeth.  Snape turned back toward us.

"It seems that our Occlumency lessons are not working as fast as they need to.  You will now be coming for lessons three nights a week." He said before he swiftly left.

I turned to Annabeth and I was about to open my mouth to ask what I had missed, when She said, "Go to sleep now and no complaints."  The look on her face enforced her last comment and I knew there was no way I would change her mind, so I drifted back to sleep, hoping that my dreams would not be plagued by my dear grandfather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After three days of continuos pleading that I was fine to Madam Pomfrey, I was finally released from the hospital wing.  Now I can resume my classes, meaning I also have to resume my wonderful lessons with Professor Snape.

Right now happens to be one of those wonderful lessons.

"You have ton actually try." Snape droned.

"What do you think I'm doing!" I responded, clutching my head because of all the pain.

"If you do not try now, then you have no chance of being able to guard your mind from the Dark Lord." 

"If my head explodes now, then there won't be anything to guard." I responded.

My complaints were to no avail, as he raised his wand again and repeated the dreadful spell.

This time we took a trip back to when Luke sacrificed himself.  It seemed like we watched me throw the knife across Olympus for an hour, but when we woke back up in the class, only 2 minutes had passed.

"You have to keep forcing your mind closed." Snape urged and raised his wand again.

This time it was Leo taking his last ride on Festus.  I could and would not relive this, it was to much.  With all the power I could muster, I pushed Snape out of my mind, causing him to tumble back until he hit the nearest desk.

"Finally." Snape said as he brushed off his robes.  He celebrated his success by raising his wand again.

"Stop." I said.

"Excuse me." He replied, lowering his wand ever so slightly.

"We have been doing this for three hours and I am genuinely worried that my head is going to explode from the amount of stress it has been under." I responded.

"Fine, but do not be late to our next session." He said.

Beaming, I ran out of the classroom and to the Gryffindor Common Room as fast as I could.  Halfway there I realized that I hadn't had dinner because I was getting my brain searched.  As I was wondering aimlessly through the halls, I stumbled across a picture of a bunch of fruit.  I suddenly remembered Hermione saying that she read about how the kitchens were behind a picture of fruit and all you had to do to get in was to tickle the pair.

I quickly spotted the pear and tickled it.  I jumped back as the picture swung open, granting my access into a massive room that was full to the brim with house elves.

"Hello, what would Mister Riddle like today?" Asked a stick-like elf, her voice squeaking with fear.

I suddenly had a vision of my mom's blue cookies and I couldn't resist asking for some.

A couple of minutes later, the elf returned with a plate of delicious looking blue cookies.

I took a bite and was instantly reminded of the taste of my mom's cooking.  After I devoured the plate, I remembered how i had totally forgotten about contacting my mom.

I quickly raced to the nearest bathroom and pulled out a drachma.  In a matter of second after I asked, my mom appeared in front of me in a fountain of mist.

"Percy!" My mom screamed.

"Hey mom." I smiled.

"What did I tell you about calling me after the last time you went missing?" I could see the anger radiating off of her.

"Sorry, I forgot." I said, smiling sheepishly.

"Your hopeless." She replied with a laugh.

"So, what house are you in?" She asked.

"It's a long story that you probably won't understand." I responded with a laugh, remembering the events of my sorting and the revelation of a new house at Hogwarts. 

After I relayed the events of my time at Hogwarts, my mom was left shaking her head.

"I knew I was right with keeping you away from that side of you family, but at least your saving another population.  Please stay safe and talk to me sooner next time, okay?" She said.

"I will. Bye mom."

"Bye Percy." And with that, I swiped my hand through the mist and headed back to the Gryffindor common room, tired from all the events of my first day back.