Ch. 8

It's Sunday and Annabeth still hasn't arrived. Chiron decided that he was going to teach mythology one week and the next he would teach the wizards how to fight. That means that I had to wait a whole week for Annabeth! The good thing is that tomorrow starts a new week, so Annabeth will come to help with the fighting lessons.

Today we had a day off so we decided to sit by the lake, much to my excitement. I practically dragged Hermione out of the library to go to the lake. Whereas Harry and Ron agreed without a problem.

When we arrived at the lake we all sat underneath a tree. Hermione pulled out Hogwarts: A History.

"Seriously! How many times have you read that book?" Proclaimed Ron.

"I honestly don't get why either of you still refuse to read it." Retorted Hermione.

"Guys stop your bickering. I'm going in the lake, anyone else?" I interrupted.

"Percy, it's November. It's way too cold to go in the lake." Hermione pointed out.

"It's never too cold to go in the water." I answered while jumping in the lake.

I swam to the bottom, but then remembered that I have to go up and breath in order to look normal, so I Sam back up to the surface. I saw that Harry and Ron were sitting under the tree with Hermione. I guess they thought it was too cold as well.

I went back under the water and took in the underwater life. There were a lot of fish and there was a squid. When they noticed me they all started to swim towards me, so I decided that I should probably leave while I still could. As I was about to break the surface I remembered that I had to allow myself to get bye the water as to not raise suspicion from the others.

"So Percy was it cold?" Harry queried.

"Eh, not really." I replied.

"It's getting close to lunch time, we should probably start heading back to the castle." Hermione acknowledged.

"Uh you better dry off first." Ron noted.

"Yeah I'll go ahead of you guys and meet up with you in the Great Hall." I suggested and ran ahead of them.

I arrived in the common room within a couple of minutes and went straight to the bathroom. I instantly willed myself dry, but then realized that if I went to the Great Hall now they might wonder why I was so fast. So I decided that the only option was to IM Annabeth.

"Hey Annabeth." I greeted.

"Hey Percy."

"Guess what."

"You had blue pancakes?" Oh why does she always have to respond with foods that I like.

"Sadly no. But Chiron is now teaching mythology one week and fighting skills the next. And tomorrow starts a week of fighting skills, which means I get to see you!"

"Oh good, Leo keeps setting stuff on fire. He almost got my architecture books, but Jason threw water on him before he got too close."

"Oh how I miss my prank buddy." I responded.

"Hey why are you phoning me in the middle of the day, don't you have class?" She asked.

"No, we get Sunday's off. Oh shoot, I'm supposed to be at lunch. Bye wise girl."

"Fine I'll let you go only because I know that I hungry Percy won't be good for the residents of Hogwarts. See you tomorrow." And with that I swiped my hand through the mist and ran to the Great Hall.

When I arrived everyone was almost finished with their lunch. I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and sat down with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Really a chocolate chip cookie?" Hermione asked.