Mom?

I went to school today even though we didn't have testing I still went. For me school isn't really a requirement. I only need to go to take test and that's it. I have a friend her name is Andrea. She's amazing. Doesn't care what other kids tell her about me. She isn't scared of me. She's the only person who gets me.

   "God has a plan for all of us. No matter how bad things seem right now they will get better. " Andrea says to me as we walk to art.

"Things never seem to get better for me. It would probably be better if I was just dead. " I sigh.

"Aye don't say that. You have a purpose in this world. We all do. Your purpose is something big. " She says.

  I stop walking to class and turn the opposite way. Towards the back exits of the building.

  "Sophía where are you going?" Andrea ask with a confused expression on her face. "I've been having this urge to go into the city. I'm always home or at my dads warehouses no where else. I never am by myself completely. Andrea do you want to come with me?"
Andrea gives me a small smile and nods her head.

   We make it out the exit and away from school grounds. Our school is in the North side of the city. The nice and rich part of the city. Were leaving through the cuts and back alley ways which will lead us into the south side of the city. The south side not the greatest side actually a really bad side of the city. Cortez and dad run this side of the city. Cortez not so much but he will one day.

As me and Andrea are doing our "exploring" we come across one of my dads warehouses. We see a black Porsche pull up in front of the warehouse. Me and Andrea hide behind some construction junk. A man who looks around my father's age steps out the front seat. But he is not the only one out walks a woman. Hispanic definitely she has dark brown hair that is curled loosely. I can't get a good look at her from where I am. I need to get closer.

"Drea stay here. Ima try and get a closer look."

"Sophía don't it could be dangerous." Drea pleads putting her hand on my arm.

"Drea I need to something is telling me to go over there. I've seen many of my father's associates they always have women but this women looks different than the women they have around." I explain.

"Sophía please be careful."

"I will I promise ." I say.

I creep to the side of the building. 'Shaking my head dad u really need yo take care of these warehouses .' I think to myself since I find a crack in the side of the building that I can see a lot through.

"So Mr. Lautner what pleasure do I have of this visit from you." My dad says.

"McCann my drug game has been a little calmer I would like for u to work with me." The man tells my dad.

My dads face shows shock for a second but instantly covers it with a poker face.

"What could you offer me I'm rich as fuck. I have both my kids I'm living it up. Why would I need you. " My father smirks.

The man who I know is Mr. Lautner keeps a straight face.

"McCann your smart but ur ties are all illegal. While u have been becoming richer and more wanted. My wife and I have made allies and ties with powerful people. As my partner you will never have to worry about being arrested for anything ever again." Mr. Lautner says.

The woman finally comes into my view. I almost faint in shock. No she left. I can't stop myself from saying the words.

"MOM!!" I call out.

'Oh no you idiot run' I tell myself.

I quickly get up and run but am not fast enough . My dad is already ahead of me . He grabs me.

"Sophía what the hell are you doing here." He demands.

"Nothing dad." I mumble.

"I'm handling important business and you have no right to be out here. " He tells me.

"Boss we found another girl most likely Sophía's friend." One of my dads workers saying holding Andreas arm.

She's looking down. I guess I would too if I was in the presence of one of the most dangerous men ever.

"So you ditched school and brought your little friend into this ."

I keep my face down. Mr. Lautner and my mom walk out of the warehouse.

"I can see that you are busy handling more personal matters we'll keep in touch." Lautner tells my dad.

My dad nods his head and walks me over to his 2010 all black Camaro. "What about Drea?" I ask.

"She's being taken back to the school and you are in a lot of trouble Sophía."

'Damn it.' I tell myself.