Plan

Dad left a while back with most of my uncles. Mom, Sophía, Uncle Nash, and me are the only ones here. When I'm alone in my room playing on GTA V. My uncles taught me how to play and I'm glad they did. I hate when anyone interupts me in the middle of my zone. I barely realize that my mom is in my room trying to talk to me.

"Cortez are you listening " my mom demands.

"What mom! " I snap looking up at her.

Her eyes were red and puffy. For the first time in a while I notice how sad she looks. "Mama I-I-I'm sorry. It's just you've hardly been around and I'm busy. " I croak.

"It's okay Cortez. I need to tell you something before your dad comes back."

I give her a confused look. "What?" I ask.

"I'm going to tell you a secret and you can't tell anyone else. Okay? "

"Okay mama " I reply.

"Tonight I'm going to wake you and Sophía up , and we're going to go somewhere far from here " mama says.

Why does mama want to leave.

"What about dad" I ask.

"Don't worry about him Cortez " mama says quickly. Before I can ask her anymore dad joins us.

"Gaby what are you doing out of the room?" Dad asks mom. "I just wanted to see my kids." Mama answers. "Well that's enough now go back to the room" I hear dad whisper meanly to mom.

Mama slowly gets up and walks out the room dad following right behind her. I guess they're catching up again.

♥♥♥♥
Mama came into my room earlier when I was napping. She woke me up and told me that we're going to leave tonight. I don't get it. She seemed happy so I'm happy. I hope Cortez is happy. I like my dad, but momma is way better.
------
"I told you to not leave this room unless I give you permission. Did you listen? No you didn't. You never listen. If you had listened you wouldn't be in trouble. I wouldn't have to punish you." Jason spits before delivering another punch into my stomach.

I crouch down trying to cover myself from his blows. It's no help he still punches.

"Damn it Gaby why can't you just listen!" Jason yells punching me in my gut one last time. He walks out of the room locking the door behind him.

"Your not my parents that's why I don't listen " I mumble to myself. I've been praying that god will help me in my plan for tonight. I can't take anymore beatings. The kids are hardly around me now.

Cortez is angry with me on that. We've only been here for a month and he's already changing. He's not sweet, or polite anymore. When I hear the guys talk about him they boast his badness. Praise him after he does something mean.

Sophía is still my little princess. I'm glad she's still do young. She doesn't really understand anything. Jason is a stranger to her. He complains to me every night on how she refuses to spend anytime with him. I always knew she would be a mama's girl.

Third Person POV (Sorry about all the POV changes)
Mom said don't tell dad, but shouldn't he know. This is the thought that is bugging Cortez. Then again it is a secret. Walking slowly out of his room Cortez walked downstairs to where his dad and uncles were.

"Dad can I talk to you" Cortez asks.

"Yeah what's up " Jason says walking over to Cortez.

"Is it ever okay to keep a secret from you" Cortez asks.

"You should never keep anything from me" Jason says sternly.

"What if another adult says to not tell you " Cortez asks.

"It doesn't matter Tez. You have to tell me everything so I can keep you, your mom, and sister safe " Jason answers.

Jason knows some things up. Why would Cortez be asking these questions unless someone brought it up to him. Jason finishes his conversation with Cortez and storms up the stairs to his and Gaby's room.

He opens the room door swiftly and see Gaby laying down on the bed asleep. She doesn't look comfortable. So Jason closes the room door and locks it. He sends a text to the guys to not bug him before turning it off completely.

Gaby wouldn't try escaping again. She's injured and knows what would happen if she tried to escape.

At least that's what Jason thinks.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. Schools been hectic and I have been getting so much homework. I'm sorry that this chapters a mess.