Not All Bad

"Gaby can you come downstairs my father's here. " Taylor calls up the stairs. I don't respond. I just start walking downstairs towards the den.

"She's been behaving son? " I here Taylor's father's deep voice ask. 

"Father she is perfect. I haven't layed a hand on her or yelled at her. She's just so well behaved. "

"That's excellent. Your mother had tried to escape when I first got her. " Taylor's father tells him.

"Not her. " I hear Taylor say.

     I walk into the room slowly. "Babe it took you long enough ." Taylor chuckles walking over to me wrapping his arm around my waist. "This is my father, Daniel Lautner." Taylor says.

   "It's nice to meet you sir. " I say. He eyes me up and down.  As if he's judging me. Well he is judging me. If he seems me unworthy of being with his son I will be sent back. Which will make me end up getting severely beaten and Taylor will also be beaten by his father and be disowned. I don't want him to be disowned because of me.

    "She suits you Taylor. Good choice. " Mr. Lautner says.

     "Thank you father ." Taylor says.

   "Well I'm done being here for now. I'll call you later to go over some business."
"Okay father. Goodbye. " Mr. Lautner walks out the door leaving me and Taylor. I unlatch his arm from around my waist and walk a good distance from him.

"You lied. " I mumble.

"What? " Taylor ask giving me a confused look.

"You said I haven't given you trouble when I did my second week being here."

"So you would have liked for me to have told him. Do you want to go back to the auction house. Be bought by some man that would rape you whenever he wants. Do whatever he pleases with you. " Taylor spits.

"No I'm not implying that it's bad that you lied. I'm just surprised. I thought you wouldn't want me. I'm useless. " I say. A single tear stains my right cheek.
"I like you. Your not a woman with no class. Even through all the things that you've been through you still have some of your dignity. I don't know much about your past. Your future will be better no abuse from me. I won't use you whenever I please. Your a person not an object and I am sorry about what my father said. He has no respect for women. I however do. After seeing what my mother went through with my father I wouldn't want to put another woman through it." Taylor tells me reaching out for my hand.

Hesitantly I place my hand into his. He walks closer to me still holding my hand. He's so close his chin is resting on my forehead and his arms are holding me. I'm so short. I remember all the times in school when people would try to use me as an arm rest. (Story of my life 😑)

"Gaby I won't ever ever hurt you and that's a promise. " Taylor says.

I tense under him. I think Taylor can feel me tense since he let's go of me. The room feels dizzy and before I know it darkness consumes me.

$$$$
    It's easy for me to get rid of people. Get money. Have sex. Drink do drugs. It is not easy for me to be a father.

    Cortez and I have a wonderful relationship I guess. Sophía is a lot more complicated. She's young but smart it's like she knows what's up. I know soon she will start liking me since Cortez loves me. Whatever her big brother does she'll do. I know this since she followed him around a lot. When she's having nightmares she goes to him or Shawn.
     She will go to him and only him other than her brother. Sophía barely talks to me. With Shawn she plays with him talks to him. It doesn't bug me. She's only four. I don't really want to talk to a four year old girl anyway. As long as she's not bugging me or anyone else about where Gaby is I'm fine with her not talking to me and only talking to Shawn.

    "Cortez do you want to learn how to shoot a gun? " I ask him as we sit here playing GTA V. "Like a real gun dad? " He ask his facial expression surprised. "Yes Cortez like this one. " I say as I pull out my black 9mm glock. "Yeah daddy I want to learn how to shoot. " Cortez happily exclaims. "Good I'll teach you tomorrow.Okay? " I say. "Okay dad I can't wait. "