1.1

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter :
; none

"Connor where are you going?" Cheryl asked her son as she was flipping pancakes in a pan, standing beside the stove dressed for a day of gardening. It was Saturday and Connor wanted to fix most problems he had so he decided that today would be the start. "Stay and eat with me and your siblings before you go."

The green eyed boy slipped on his converse, glancing at his mother before walking over to her. Placing his palms on the kitchen counter, he tried to think of what to say. He didn't want her to know that he possibly ruined a great relationship between him and Ally since she thought Connor was being nicer to others. That wasn't the case. "I can't. I.. I have to visit someone at their work and I don't want to miss them before they get off."

"You should get a job since you have all of this free time." Cheryl suggested, grabbing plates from one of the kitchen cabinets. The sound of the glass plates nudged each other made them both cringe. Certain sounds were just not tolerable in the Franta house.

Connor rose an eyebrow while grabbing the keys to his jeep. "Mom, I do have a job. I work at the movie theater you and dad used to take us to when we were younger.."

"Really? Huh. Well we need to chat more." Cheryl sighed, stumped. She flipped the pancakes onto the plates. Her bright gardening clothes were shining due to the bright sun coming through the window from the top of the sink. Cheryl was a bright and joyful person when it came to Saturday's. It wasn't known why but the weekend always made her happy. "Alright, go. Be home before dinner."

Nodding, Connor paced over to her and kissed her soft cheek. He snatched a pancake, running out of the door as he heard his mother cursing at him. Connor slid into his jeep and began driving to his destination. He wasn't lying when he told Cheryl he was visiting someone at their work. It was just he didn't want her to know who or she'll get too excited and try to get in his business.

It had been a couple of days since Connor spoke to either Lia or Jenn and he was feeling lonely from time to time. He was used to going over to one of their houses and chilling while insulting each other. To be honest, he wasn't even mad at them anymore. He was mad at Troye. He was mad at Troye for kissing him in the bathroom. He was mad at himself for letting it happen. He was even more mad that he enjoyed it.

After twenty minutes, Connor arrived at a clothing store that was next to the mall. Why wasn't it in the mall? No one knew but they never questioned it. He got out of the car, noticing that it had rained hours before because of the dark concrete. The sound of his shoes rubbing against it once he took a step made his body shiver. Like said before, the Franta's hated random noises.

Connor opened the door, the bell above it ringing to inform any free employees that they needed to greet someone. That was something he also hated, he hated everything as you've probably realized. His green eyes scanned the crowd of people and clothes racks to find a certain girl. When he noticed an employee coming his way, he rushed away to find this girl.

"Connor?" A voice asked, making Connor turn around to see Tana standing there in an uniform. The blonde girl smiled widely and walked over to him, arms opened wide for a hug. Something Connor realized from hanging out with this girl was that she loved seeing her friends and loved hugs. She was pretty good at them too if Connor was being honest. The two hung out the weekend after they met and really hit it off. Connor learned a lot about her and her boyfriend who was extremely hot. Ever since then, they didn't talk much because Tana did go to another school.