Chapter 40: Quest Rewards

[Player Information

Name: Michael

Titles: The Nudist, The Noob, The Immortal, The Lurker, The Survivor

Level: 8

Experience: 4/80

Age: Adult

Race: Human

Rank: F

Class: None

Specialization: None

Profession: Leatherworker Level 3]

[Stats

Health: 52.5/52.5

Mana: 30/30

Stamina: 30/30

Mana Regen per minute: 30

Health Regen per hour: 45

Strength: 6

Vitality: 4.5

Endurance: 6

Dexterity: 3

Agility: 5(+2)

Intelligence: 4(+2)

Wisdom: 3

Perception: 3

Charisma: 2

Willpower: 14

Luck: 14

Aura: 1.9

Attack Power: 30(+11.5)

Defense Rating: 3(+4)]

Continuing with his attempt to become a 'Tank,' Michael decided to place both stat-points into Endurance. After witnessing the Human leveling-up, Goliath chuckled, and said "It seems that the Goddesses have already rewarded you for assisting me... However, I don't want you to think that I'm so shameless, that I can't even afford to compensate you myself. Hmmm~, let me ask you a question... What is worth more to you: one gold coin, a rare sword, or a skill-book?"

Without a moment of hesitation he asked "Any item that isn't Soulbound probably won't last very long, and money is always easy to make in a world like this. Are there really people stupid enough to pick anything but the skill-book? It doesn't even matter if I can use it or not."

The giant turtle laughed heartily as it told him "Good, good, you're a lot less shortsighted than most of the Humans that I've encountered. Of course, you're also the first one that I haven't eaten as well. Now, more importantly, would you prefer a spell or passive? Like you just mentioned, even though I can't use them, I've still collected hundreds over the years..."

Michael smiled at the colossal turtle and said "As you can see, I have the Arcane Affinity; I was wondering if there were any passive techniques for increasing my Aura stat. I could obviously shove a bunch of mana-cores down my throat, but I'd prefer something a bit less horrible."

Almost as soon as he finished talking, a vine suddenly erupted from the green pool, and pushed a small brown treasure-chest, onto the limestone platform. He immediately took a few steps forward and opened the surprisingly water-proof container.

Inside was only a single, thick, translucent, crystalline tome. When he opened it up, the words actually floated above the pages. As he read the holographic writing, Michael sighed and complained "I kinda expected to just, magically learn the shit instantaneously. Well, whatever... If this was a few years ago, I probably wouldn't even bother, but I've been pretty addicted to reading lately anyway. Of course, this is more like a textbook than a fiction, but fuck it, magic is awesome."