Chapter 3: Death with Benefits

Michael's status-screen opened automatically, but he was surprised when he realized that he only received two points to allocate. Without even having to think about it, he place one in Vitality and the other in Endurance.

[Player Information

Name: Michael

Titles: The Nudist, The Noob

Level: 2

Experience: 0/20

Age: Adult

Race: Human

Class: None

Specialization: None

Profession: Unemployed]

[Stats

Health: 20/20

Mana: 15/15

Stamina: 10/10

Mana Regen per minute: 20

Health Regen per hour: 20

Strength: 3

Vitality: 2

Endurance: 2

Dexterity: 3

Agility: 1.5

Intelligence: 3

Wisdom: 2

Perception: 1

Charisma: 1

Willpower: 7

Luck: 7

Aura: 1.1

Attack Rating: 15

Defense Rating: 1]

Endurance increased both his Health and Stamina by five, while Vitality also raised his Health by five, but also his regeneration by ten. He snickered, then said "Well, now the question is whether or not I can still get experience for killing level-one rabbits."

It had been less than an hour since he was mysteriously transported into a different world, and yet he didn't even think for a moment about trying to go back; in fact, it was almost as if he had wanted to be there from the very beginning. Of course, he still had plenty of complaints: "Ow, shit, you've got to be fucking kidding me... a poisonous porcu-"

There were plenty of other adorable animals in that tall grass, but all of them were either level one or two, rank 'G' monsters; each of which still had the ability to kill him, if he was slightly careless. Aside from the porcupine, grasshoppers, and white-rabbits, there were also giant monarch butterflies, owl moths, dragonflies, and other similar, flying critters. Truthfully, they were all named after their much smaller counterparts, and could barely even be considered magical beasts; to Humans however, they were all vicious demons that only the most foolhardy adventurers would dare to approach alone... especially not when they were completely naked and unarmed.

After stepping on the poisonous porcupine, and becoming paralyzed, the cute critter continued to tear out his left eye, and then chew into the socket, until it was finally able to reach his brain a few minutes later. During the later half of the process, he started to regain his ability to feel pain, but still couldn't move.

Fortunately, after dying, he received a passive ability called "Resist Paralysis Level 1," which did exactly what it said. Once he respawned, then added a second headless corpse to his collection, Michael proceeded to encounter a brown-furred field mouse, that was the size of a city-rat.

Unlike the rabbits, it didn't try to jump at him, or sneak around; it confronted him directly... and he kicked it. It wasn't some amazing technique, just a normal swing of his leg, punting the critter a few meters in the air and lowering its Health by five points.