"Some notice would have been nice," Michael discreetly grumbles under his breath.

My mouth drops open when I catch the sight of Nathan and his friend. I can't believe he's friends with Alex Bray from The Boy Band Project, that's mind numbingly awesome. I bite my lip and look away. I want to play it cool, not an obsessive fan girl.

"Nathan darling, the food hasn't been delivered yet, don't worry," Marina calls out, "we might need to quickly order another dinner plate and chair though."

"Great, I'm starved," he declares.

Michael gets up from his seat on the table and walks around to the front of the restaurant to clear it up. Soon enough, another chair is brought to the table and they take his order.

I shuffle to the side and find myself sitting next to Nathan, the boy I awkwardly met wish half a face of make-up. Things are certainly going to be exciting.

"Nathan and Alex, have you met Riley?" Marina asks.

I'm forced to glance at Nathan, who's smiling brightly. The butterflies in my stomach start to flutter as I wonder what he'll say about me.

"Yes, twice actually." Nathan grins at me.

Before Nathan can explain our meeting, the same waitress from before appears with a string of plates. She walks around placing a dish in front of us. I'm strangely surprised by how good it looks and smells.

"Fresh caught salmon, I hope you enjoy," Michael says.

I've never eaten salmon before, it always looks unappetizing in Mom's frying pan or even worse, how stinky it smells when I toss it into the cat's food bowl. Now it's strangely looks rather appealing and delicious. Hopefully touring will present me with other restaurants as delightful as this one.

People are correct when they say; New York isn't a city that sleeps at night. It's already eleven at night and we're just receiving our dessert. I love dessert, but I also need some sleep if I want to get up early tomorrow for site seeing.

The main course of fresh fish was amazing, the flavours, the cooking - all perfectly executed. But fish has nothing on the beautiful sugary delights, crafted into bursts of happiness. I love chocolate mousse.

"Nathan, Riley - darlings, you must tell me about how you met," Marina asks with a sneaky smile.

The butterflies in my stomach come to life as I brace myself for the hideous tale of how we met. Half a face of makeup, messy hair and in sweat pants from traveling. If only we met after I was dressed, then my first impression would be flawless and well, a Hollywood cliché then?

"Nothing mind-blowing if that's what your thinking-" he begins to say. "- Dad had me working Alex's shift today. I delivered her breakfast order, and then briefly when Riley was in a hurry to get to the lobby," he explains.

"What was wrong with you today, Alex?" Marina asks in a teasing voice.

"Mostly sick." Nods Alex.

"Sure." Smiles Marina. "Hopefully you're feeling better."

"A little." Laughs Alex.

"This geezer needs to work more." Nathan pokes him in the ribcage, "if he ever wants to work of his debt."

"I will, eventually." Alex shoves Nathan back which earns a disapproving look from Michael.

"Do you both just work in the New York hotel?" I ask.

"Every week we move around to a new destination. Alex has concerts, and other appearances to make. I just get gifted with the chance to both work and spend my summer vacation experiencing other cities," Nathan explains.

"Michael's idea," Marina whispers.

Nathan looks down at the table, crosses his arms and sinks back into his chair. "All of my friends are back home in Florida," he grumbles.

"At least you get to move around. I'm stuck at home all vacation." I try to cheer him up, but a sulky Nathan doesn't budge from his grumbly mood.

"I guess it could be worse..."

"Riley, do you have a summer job?" Marina changes the topic.

Taking a small bite from my already half eaten dessert, I swallow and reply, "No, my parents would rather I focus on my school education than work."

"Jobs can be a great learning experience, but it's nice you're putting your studies first," Marina says.

"Yeah, sometimes." I nod my head.

Nathan launches into a new conversation with Alex about something that happened to work today, while I smile awkwardly at Marina.

"Know any great places to visit?" I ask.

"Sure, I know heaps." Marian starts explaining all the wonderful places she's been to around America which gets me excited on the prospect of touring. One day I'm going to be the person telling those wonderful stories.

 One day I'm going to be the person telling those wonderful stories