~ Chapter 1/ Part 1 ~

Jillian Carter stood above the trashcan looking down at the crinkled newspaper. She slowly reached into the can scooping up the paper and with her delicate fingers she unraveled what had caught her eye.

《The Canadian Government finally opens up to the public about unkown disease.》

After the headline intrigued her to find out more, Jillian unfolds the majority of the paper and continues on.

《A rapidly spreading disease of unkown origin has begun to set people into a panic. Officials from the c
CDC are dumbstruck at its DNA structure and amense speed of reproduction. A local doctor at a drop in clinic in Oromocto, New Brunswick has shared some information that has yet to reach the public and was just granted permission to be published.》

Jillian flips the thin sheet and continues.

《"I've seen many, many different variations of minor sick patients come to see me but lately I have noticed people coming into the clinic with, what I think is, very similar symptoms to some of the most harshest plagues in history. The world's governments have been keeping something from us for months, something they should have warned us about in June of 2020 but didn't. This late discovery will cost us too many lives to count and could be our Great Flood and the disease an Ark."》

The young girl lets out a heavy sigh and neatly folds the newspaper, putting it in the back pocket of her jeans. She glances up to see her parents waving her over to her older sister's, Alexa's, bakery. Jillian knew all to well of diseases and plagues from her father since he worked as a Epidemiologist, but deep down in the pit of her stomach she was only twelve almost thirteen and already the child could see the world on the brink of realizing its certain doom.

Jillian struts over to her smiling parents but didn't feel like returning the gesture, and of course as parents, they noticed their child's gloomy manner. They frown and fold their arms over their chests in synchronized movements before questioning their daughter.

"What's wrong? Is it because you have to stay with your sister while we are in Greenland?" Jillian's mother asks, truly curious to know.

The twelve year old tries to swollow the lump forming in her throat before answering, but no such luck.

"Um... ah-hem... er, well I um, found this," Jillian replies, yanking out the paper from her pocket. She shys away as her parents skim through the news story, afraid they might freak out or get over the top paranoid. That was what they were like; over protective parents that believed everything before hearing the otherside of the story.

When their eye stopped moving from right to left and they glanced at each other, Jillian automatically knew her parents believed the disease was real and that their minds were concocting over exaggerated thoughts.

Suddenly, Alexa walked out of the bakery decked in full out winter clothing with the closed sign in the door behind her. Alexa's face glows with joy until she spots the looks on her family's faces.

"What? Do I have something on me or what?" Alexa questions before swiping her hand directly in front of everyone's faces.

Silence and hard stares from the girls parents, shows that their mother and father know more than they relize.