Girls Day Out

Taylor's POV

Damion left around seven o'clock, so I got ready for the day. I don't know why Lexi wanted to spend the whole day with me, but I can't tell her no. I decided to wear Jean shorts and a t-shirt with my high school name on it. I decided on red converse because they matched my shirt.

Lexi still wasn't ready when I got finished. I decided to sit and watch some t.v. while I waited for her. After about five minutes of waiting she finally came down. "Sorry, Taylor. I got up late."

"You're fine, Lexi. Are we ready to go?" We were partially matching. She was wearing jean shorts and an Ohio state t-shirt, which was red, and black and white converse.

"Yes we are ready to go."

We both got into her Chevy cruise. "Lexi, can I Bluetooth my phone to the car so we can listen to whatever we want?"

"Of course dear."

For the first hour we drove in silence. I could tell she wanted to ask me something. She kept figiting and moving around. It was hard not to laugh.

"Would you just ask me already?" I asked her laughing.

"What? How did you know?"

"You wouldn't stop moving around over there. I figured something was up."

"Yes. Okay. I really want to know details about Damion and you. Are y'all a thing now?" She asked with the biggest grin plastered on her face.

"I'm pretty sure we are. I would hope so," I said not really thinking about it. We've only been on like one date.

"I'm so sorry for asking. I can tell you're really thinking about it now," she said focusing back on the road again.

"You're fine, Lexi. You have the right to wonder. That's definitely a discussion that Damion and I must have soon."

We finally made it to the mall that Lexi wanted to go to. "Summer is coming up soon. We have to find some cute outfits to wear," Lexi said as we walked to the first store.

We tried on about twenty outfits and got all but three or four. I could tell spread that today was going to be a very long day. We shopped until lunch and stopped to eat in the food court.

Once we finished, Lexi said, "We should probably start heading back. It's two hours away, and we have to dress nice for dinner tonight."

"Sounds good to me," I saidn while throwing out my garbage.

We walked out to the car with all our things. "Can I ask where dad is planning to take us for dinner tonight?"

"To this fancy restaurant he takes his clients to. I've been there too many times to count. That's literally his deal making place. I can't imagine what deal he wants to make now," she said pulling onto the freeway.

"Is he bringing business partners to this dinner then?" I asked staring out the windshield.

"Probabaly. He wasn't expecting Damion and you back yet."

"Right. So we interrupted your big night. I apologize."

"No. We are so happy you guys are back. I was just saying that your father probably wouldn't have made the dinner for tonight if he would have known you would be home."

"Right. How much longer until we get home?" I asked ready to get out of the car.

"About an hour. Taylor, I apologize if I hurt you in anyway."

"Hurt? I don't think I could get anymore hurt than I have in this past week. My best friend died. Nothing people say can hurt me. I'm numb." I replied meaning every word I said.