Learning To Shoot

Taylor's POV

"Taylor can you shoot a gun?" Elizabeth asked when we were sitting in the living room.

"Kinda. We used to go to shooting ranges. My mom was a police officer, so she taught me how to shoot."

"That's good. Damion told me to teach you to shoot a big girl gun," she said laughing. "Since you know how to shoot already, here's your special gun." She handed me a pistol with my name engraved on the handle.

"What? This is beautiful. Is there any place I can practice?" I asked staring at the gun.

"Yes. We have a secure range in the basement. Devin will take you to it. Devin!"

It took him a minute before finally coming down the stairs. "Mom, I was kinda in the middle of something."

"It can wait. Taylor wants to go down to the shooting range to shoot her gun."

"Okay. So take her down there. Why do I have to show her?" He asked.

"Because I asked you to. Can you just do what I say?"

"Fine. Let's go Taylor."

I stood up and followed him through a couple of hallways and down three sets of stairs. "Did I do something to you, Devin?" I asked breaking the silence between us.

"No."

"Okay." Well that was rude.

"If my father or brothers get hurt, you won't be alive to protect anymore. Understood?" He asked pinning me against the wall.

"I didn't ask them to protect me. They took it upon themselves to do it. Get your facts straight before you go around threatening people." I twisted his arm behind his back and kicked the back of his knee causing him to fall. I pulled the gun out from the back of the dress that was crossed in the back and pointed it at him. "Also think about who you want to threaten. I'm stronger than I look. Now show me to the shooting range, so I can try out this gun."

"Whatever."

I placed the gun in the back of my dress again and followed behind him. When we finally got to the shooting range he decided to talk again. "How did you learn to do that, any way?"

"My mom was a police officer," I said shrugging.

"No. You have another story," Devin said narrowing his eyes at me.

"No, I don't. I told you how. Now if you would excuse me, I'm going to practice."

"Go for it. I'll think of it sooner or later."

"There's nothing to think of."

*4 days later*

I haven't been in contact with Damion all week. No calls. No texts. Nothing. I was starting to worry. Devin and I have become good friends though, so that's a plus.

I was watching t.v. and Devin decided he wanted to change the channel. "Change it back," I said without looking at him.

"Nope." He said popping the 'p' and smirking.

"Now! I was watching that."

"No."

I got up and tried to grab the remote from him, but instead I ended up in his lap straddling him. "I'm not saying this isn't a good position, but Damion would be so pissed."

"Give me the remote," I said sitting all the way in his lap.

"No. We watch the game or nothing at all."

"Come on, Devin. I'll do anything."

"Anything?" He asked smirking.

"You're nasty. I'm going to my room now," I said getting off his lap.

"Is that an invitation?"

"No. You stay right here."

"Okay, okay. Geez."

"Night," I said waving.

"Night," he said turning his eyes back to the game.

I almost made my way up to my room when I heard Devin yell something. "Black Knight! That's who you are! That's how you know how to fight and shoot a gun so well," Devin yells running up the stairs.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Yes, yes you do. You're the street fighter. You went missing around eight months ago. That's when your mom died though."

"No. How do you know about street fighting?" I already knew the answer. His dad was one of the head deal makers, that's whybi was so nervous to come here. I didn't want anyone to find out. Damion would be so mad that I didn't tell him.

"My dad runs like half of it. I knew I saw you some where. You were awesome."

"It doesn't matter. That's the past."

"You could've killed Carrie with one punch."

"Okay. Enough. I'm going to bed."

"Fine, but just so you know, your past is safe with me."

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter!

Picture: Taylor's gun

Song: Want you to want me- Jason Derulo

Follow. Vote. Comment.