Opening a Broken Heart

Damion's POV

"Damion, are you awake?" Taylor asked climbing in bed next to me.

"I am now. What's up, sweetheart?" I asked sitting up.

"I can't sleep. I have to apologize to you," she said looking at me with sad eyes.

"For what?" I asked more alert now.

"For being so rude to you. I know you only wanted to help me last week. I'm so sorry. Can you please forgive me?"

"Of course. I mean under the circumstances, I understand why you were acting like that," I said.

"Damion, I'm so broken. What would you want with a girl like me?"

I didn't know where the question came from, but I knew the answer. "I want to see what you are capable of in life. I want to show you how to live yourself again and then someday show you how to love me. Taylor, I love you so much and I want you to know that you're not too broken for me. I will pick up the pieces and replace them with mine." I sounded really sappy.

"I do love you, Damion. You mean so much to me. I never want to do anything to hurt you, but everyone who gets close to me gets hurt."

"Two people. They were out of your control."

"More than two. Mom and Julia are dead, but Daniel is bruised because of me, Juan is heart broken, and Sophia is so sad because I hurt her. My father can barely look at me anymore, and Lexi was so hurt when I first met her. To be honest, you're the only one I haven't hurt, and if I have you haven't told me."

"You haven't hurt me. And I'm not scared. It takes more than that to scare me away. I plan on being by your side for the long run. Now, I just have to open your heart up to love," I said giving her a quick kiss on the forehead. "We should get some sleep. Good night. I love you."

She curled up next to me and covered up. "Good night. I love you so much."

All I wanted to do was make her better. Show her love. Why couldn't she see it herself.

Taylor's POV

I woke up at five o'clock. I rolled over and Damion was still asleep. Since it was five over here it was about one o'clock in Ohio. I knew Daniel would be mad, but I had to call him.

I got up out of Damion's bed and called Daniel.

"Hello?" He answered. I could tell I had woken him up.

"Hello, Daniel."

"Taylor! Oh... How have you been?"

"I've been okay. I miss you already."

"I miss you too. You do realize, it's like one o'clock over here. Right?" He yawned out.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear your voice. Promise you'll come and visit?" I asked him.

"I promise. I'll be there as soon as summer gets here."

Summer... Cedar Point! "No. I'll come see you. Damion promised to take me to Cedar Point this summer."

"Fine. If you don't want me to come to Arizona."

"No. Daniel, I didn't mean it like that."

"So... You and Damion, huh?"

"Yes. I love him."

"I know you do. I could tell as soon as you started dating Juan that you had someone else on your mind. If he ever hurts you I will break his face, though."

"Okay. What was that thud?"

"Juan threw a pillow at me and fell of his bed," Daniel said laughing. "I have to go Taylor. Love you."

"Love you more."

We both hung up and it was going 5:30. "Who were you on the phone with?" Damion asked wrapping his arms around me.

"Daniel," I said kissing his neck.

"You told him you love him."

"Yeah. He's just a brother figure to me."

"Oh..."

"Yep. Don't you feel dumb?"

"Just a tad," he said laughing.

"You known I love you, right?"

"I love you too."

"So, what are we gonna do today?" I asked grabbing some coffee.

"Lexi and you are going out for a girl's day. I have to go back to work now. Then we are all going to go to dinner."

"Ugh!"

Damion looked really good in the mornings. He never wore a shirt so his abs were always out in the open. It made me just a bit jealous.

"What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking about you. You may be the only person who can open me up and that scares the hell out of me," I said being completely honest.

"Open up your heart to me, Taylor. No matter how broken it is, I promise to make it better."

"I don't know." I wanted to trust him, but I was scared. I didn't want to get close anymore.

"Please think about it."

"I can do that."

"Thank you. I love you. Now I must go prepare for work."

He left and I sat at the kitchen table. Why would he want to open me up? Who in their right mind wants to open up a broken heart? What girl lets her broken heart be opened? Damion and me that's who!

Thank you all so much!!! I love y'all!

Picture: Damion's room

Song: Thaw a broken heart- frozen

Follow. Vote. Comment.