McAbby - 1 - Proposal

Abby put on her other earring. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was in pigtails, as always. Her makeup was done, and her dress was beautiful. It was time to wait until Mcgee got there.

This was their two year anniversary. Two years of dating. The best two years of her entire life. She heard a knock at the door and left.

~~~

"I'm so sorry, sir," Mcgee apologized to the waiter for the sixth time. He was being really shaky and clumsy and spilt his water all over the waiter.

Abby was blushing, probably from embarrassment. Mcgee was acting so strange.

"Is everything alright, tim?" She asked as the waiter took their plates later.

"Huh? Yeah. Yeah of course!" He fiddled with the desert menu.

After he ordered some of Abby's favorite desert, he tapped his fingers on the table repetitively. Abby smiled at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing... you're just cute..."

He smiled and felt himself calm a lot. His tapping stopped, and he wasn't shaking.

The waiter returned with the plate. Abby could've sworn that she saw a wink-smile thing with the waiter and mcgee.

The waiter left and mcgee cleared his throat. "So, abby... we've been dating for a while... two years, I mean. That's a great milestone!"

Abby nodded. "Yeah?"

"And it's been a pretty short two years. I feel like it's just flown by!"

Abby frowned. "Are you trying to break up with me?"

"What!? No!" Mcgee slightly laughed. "No, abby... I'm trying to marry you."

He spun the plate around to reveal a ring in the middle of a chocolate syrup rose, and a message in chocolate syrup saying 'Will you marry me?"

Abby gasped. She put a hand to her mouth and stared, wide-eyed at the message. Then she looked at mcgee with moist eyes. She smiled wide and nodded.

"Yes!!!"

Mcgee smiled and carefully took the ring off of the plate and slipped it on her finger. Then he leaned over and kissed her.

But she didn't kiss back. She pulled away and looked at him. "Tim..."

"What's wrong?" He said, still leaning over.

Abby smirked a little and said, "You're leaning in the ice cream..."