Chapter 8: Solemn Night

There was him
Staring at my eyes cheerfully
Implying things that I'd love to hear further
As if the meteors would never leave its skyline
As if the stars would always stay on its constellation
And from that time I realized
It's love at first sight

After Lou and he had had dinner, they walked around the Congress Street as they enjoyed the summer air in Massachusetts. Lou stared at him realizing that she was then walking with a man whom she has been yearning for to know about but she somehow hadn't got the chance to ask for his name.

".... But however, participating in international events which discuss about global issues is a very impactful thing that we could ever do," He preached in the matter of fact.

He had a very high concern in discussing international issues. Although his major and interest are quite contrary, being a diplomat was actually his ultimate goal since he started participating in the conferences of Model United Nations.

"And why do you like Literature so much?" he added after he had talked about his passion in international issues.

"I love the art of writing," I smiled at him as he kept his eyes on her. "I love how we can freely put our complicated thoughts into a poem for example."

"Have you ever made a poem for someone?" he inquired nicely.

"I always do to the ones I simply adore," answered Lou shortly as she smiled at him.

They had been walking for a couple of hours. Lou enjoyed every single second with him. She could feel the loss that she had been suffering from Paul started fading away since the presence of the man in white collar. She knew the reason why she broke up with Paul was her because she somehow had the gut to let go of him and she knew that Paul still loved her.

"It was a great night," he tried to smile with his lips pressed as he stood in front of Lou's door house. "Nice to meet you, Lou."

"Thanks for the treat," said Lou shortly and gave him a light smile. He grinned as he turned back but he stopped when Lou called him out, "Hey, I haven't known what your name is."
He turned back to Lou and said, "I'm Will—".

Somebody tapped Lou's shoulder and she looked at the touch was from and it was a park ranger, "Excuse me, are you alright?"

Lou was surprised and her eyes widened, "What do you mean alright?"

"I've been watching you zoning out with eyes opened for approximately 3 hours. I hope you're doing fine." explained the park ranger as she looked worried.

"Zoning out? Am I daydreaming for that long? For Pete's Sake, 3 hours?!", argued Lou in her subconscious.