Take Care

He opened the door and I don't know how but he recognizes me always.

"Hey.."

I said calming myself.

"Hi... How are you?"

He asked,he seems too jovial today as he knocks me with his splendid smile.

"I'm good,you seem happy today"

"Oh yea..I realized life is too short to be sad all the time" (and this novel is even shorter *winks*)

"Oh that's great! So...did you order from out? Sorry I was busy I couldn't come"

"Yes, also I've ordered some pastries and cheesecake, they are in the top shelf of the fridge"

He said smiling all along.

"Zarq,I wanted to talk about something"

I hesitantly approached him to start before his smile could fool me that things would turn better.

I placed the cake on the table and sat with him on the couch and tilted his head towards mine.

His eyes still wandering. I feel a punch in my stomach every time I look inside his blue eyes and realize they no longer can see.

"Zarq,here ...here look at me"

I say and gulp.

"Well I'm trying"

He says as his eyes now set straight.

Don't lie to him again Abraar,tell him this can't be. I sigh again. I can't, he'd be broke again.

"Zarq I've appointed a care taker for you"

I said and pulled myself away.

He seems a bit confused and thinks hard with his forehead in a deep crease he says.

"Why though? I'm good now....why?"

"Because...just like that....just to have someone look after you when you mess up with your cakes"

His creases released and his nose scrunched. After months now have I seen him this way.

"I don't need a caretaker.. I'm not a kid!"

He protests.

"Please Zarq,don't be so childish!"

"Nay"

"Don't show me that sass"

"Nay-nay"

"Zarq"

I held his both hands restricting his sassy movements.

He tries hard but soon loses.

"Why do I need one when I have you coming here every day Abraar?"

He questions.

Because I am leaving Zarq.

"Because I'm going out for a deal and It would take me time to return and in my inexistence I need someone to make sure you're alright"

I said looking away.

"Oh you're so kind, I love you"

He said smiling patting his heart.

I smiled at his innocence.

"But you're gonna call me, right?"

He asks getting all hyped.

"Zarq you know it's hard for me to keep away from my phone"

"Well in that case someday you should let me try"