Say Something?

Mara's PoV

"Be on time"

"I'll try"

He says while running his dry fingers in his lushious thick hair.

"She's mum's best friend ,do more than try please"

"I said I'll try"

He sighs.

Post wedding feasts and tireing newly wed rituals,huh.

I construct a plan hopefully counting on it's work to be a success only if he comes on time.

I join my friends after work and everybody giggles and gushes over my glow.

I'm glowing! Like a new bride.

Three months though been,I've still captured a hint under my cheek.

I call Abraar.

"Hey,how are you?"

"Good,I'll be on time,don't worry"

I'm so glad we are finally connecting more,I never thought ever would it be so difficult to chase him.

It had took me years but success is sweeter the harder you tried.

However, he's down now,mine now. I knew exactly how to trap him,any smart and brave women knows how to work with men like him,drive them wild before they strive.

"How is sex?"

Asks Tracy.

"Great! Like a doubt would you have!"

I laugh and a frown presses on my forehead.

Sex? No doubt sex is great but sometimes it feels very weird to touch him like he is still repellant to me. It annoys me, when now we are married,we have straight face talk,he still sometimes doesn't feel into me.

Some nights he's there and wanting, some nights I have to drag him to me? Why?

I wonder what goes inside his fancy broad mind.

Dad fortunately by the grace of God,living and healthy after the surgery, though nobody ever expected this,we've been too lucky everything is fine and happier.

I think perhaps Abraar still isn't sure about what happened to his parents wouldn't happen to us because simply I'm not like his complaint mum and he is not his argumentative Dad.

I went back home and dressed in a deep blue dress with golden embellishment. I wore ornaments of gold gifted by Grandma.

I was already on a peak with myself and being his wife it has promoted me to the clouds.

The prefect match, the best of the society.

I adore my brown curls and fix my makeup until it was almost time for him to come.

He entered.

He looks at me, how do I explain what I feel for you Abraar? You don't even know what you've made me.

"I'll change quickly"

He went inside to freshen up.

This falls flat  almost occasionally,no compliments,no smile.

He comes outside in his black usual suit looking more handsome than usual.

"Mara"

"Yes"

"You look great"

"Thank you. Suiting you cause you look more exotic than ever today"

He half smiled.