Abraar.

At Saturday nights I usually hang around the city alone,sometimes with Bilal and Rahil but usually Alone.

Mara's Dad is announcing a meeting every alternate day asking for a wedding.

All the strength in me has drained.

This Saturday I'm called home immediately from my private moment.

I sat on the floor joining the rest of the family in the living room.

"What's your problem Abraar?"

My grandmother asks.

I respect her so much, I can't just say to an elderly that I don't believe in marriage is the only reason to not getting married now.

I need another excuse because my belief doesn't matter, a wedding would be announced whatsoever.

"I have few really important work wise projects and things coming up,I'm really not ready for marriage at this moment. I want to thoroughly focus on my career"

I answer with confidence lacking in my words.

"That's not a reason to delay a marriage? Abraar, do you have anything valid to say except this?"

She speaks to me,while I feel externally defeated.

"I just don't want to"

I came up.

"That's not valid either; Shagir your son's thoughts are wandering, get him married before his sight loses to a dream and turns him blind"

She sourly warns my Dad.

My chest becomes heavy. My breath chokes me, sharp stings prick inside my throat but I'm anything but heard here.

When all done and said, a marriage was soon I was asked to attend.

The meeting was dismissed, everybody left.

I open the door loudly,my brother comes running after.

"Where are going? Listen!"

"Tell mum I'll be back by morning and if you can don't just let anybody know I left!"

I shut the door fretfully

How can they do this to me!

I don't believe after how much I've been obedient, this is what they've returned me with. I have no right to plan my own marriage! This is absolutely unfair! Absolutely absurd!

I wandered unknown streets till midnight with despair but now I was tired more than angry and helpless more than furious.

I walked to 'the violet aisle'.

And knocked the door,

He opened.

I entered,

I've no idea what I am doing.

"Are you okay? Are you okay?"

He asks in continuation with worries.

He brings a glass of water.

I keep it on the table instead.

I am so disappointed, so lost and so scared.

I just don't want this to happen,I know how much I will regret this. Mara and marriage, don't go well. They themselves sole don't go well with me.

"Are you okay?"

He just won't stop asking.

I don't want to answer.