The Three Hottest Guys In School Like Me... It's Just My Luck They're Not Human -- part 11

**RECAP**

"You haven't told her yet?" She turned to me, tears already forming in her eyes. I couldn't bear to see her like this, but I couldn't fall for another of Lucifer's subjects.

"What? Told me what, Tristan?"

**AMBER's POV**

Tristan turned to me, guilt showing in his eyes. I felt the tears threatening to fall already, for I felt like I knew what was coming next. My da-... No. I wouldn't call him that. Lucifer sat back in his seat, an immature smirk forming on his aging features. I decided to try again, the whole room seemingly silent, apart from the constant thud of my heart echoing around the room. I was the only living creature here, and just thinking that made me shudder. "Tristan... Please, I can't be left in the dark like this... Not again..."

"Yes, Tristan, why don't you tell her?" I could see Lucifer was enjoying every moment of this, the smirk plastered on his face getting wider with every glance at Tristan's face, which was covered with a mix of emotions: pain, guilt, pity, lust... love?

"I... I... Look Amber, please... trust me." I nodded, just needing to know what was going on. "There are a few things you need to know in order for this to make sense, so you might wanna sit down. This will be a lot to take in." He pulled up two chairs, and I shivered seeing that the chairs were made of bone. Human bone? I wasn't sure. But it was bone. I reluctantly sat down on it, turning to Tristan and smiling, ushering him to go on.

"There are many creatures that live here. This, as you know is the Underworld, and so people see us as the darker creatures. Sure enough, when one of us creatures are angry our eyes turn red, with a flicker of a certain color depending on what species we are. For instance, a vampire would have red flecks when angry, and a demon would have a more purple tint. But sometimes this is mistaken for red, as it is less prominent. One of the main differences between the two is their feeding patterns."

"Feeding patterns?"

"Yes, a vampire, as you may have guessed, drinks human blood." My hand instinctively flew to my neck, where Damien had bitten me yesterday. "Whereas a demon feeds on... flesh. Including human flesh. They can suffice with blood, and they tend to stay away from human blood if they can, as it is like a drug, and holds an addictive effect on creatures like us."

"Creatures like you? What are you?" I asked, curiosity filling my voice. I blanked out my father's face, trying to ignore the fact he was listening in on everything we were saying.

"I'm... A sensor. But only in the loosest sense of the word. I'm also a bit of a servant to Jonathan's sister over there." He pointed to a young woman, her blonde hair floing down to her waist, making her seem almost elfin like. "Yeah, she is an elf." I looked at him with a strange face and he nodded, pointing to his forehead. "Telepathy. She's also half vampire. She pays me to help her out a bit, with... feeding and stuff." He blushed, and the first thing that came to mind is that he was her personal blood bank. Then something else came to mind, and I made a disgusted face.

"What do you mean by 'stuff'?" I questioned him, mimicking his voice on stuff. If it was what I thought then...

"Well... urges, I guess, of a se-"

"I get it! So, what, you're like a blood bank and prostitute combined?!"

"Hey! I'm no prostitute!" He shouted defensively. I could hear mumbling and chuckling all around the room, but I couldn't pin point any of the voices to any of the faces in the room.

"Right, so you're giving her blood and sleeping with her for money?" He nodded and sighed.

"Okay... I get your point, but we need to get back to my point. There are also creatures that don't fall under the label of dark creatures. These are things such as light elves and-"

"Angels," I finished off for him, and he nodded. Lucas flashed into my mind, and I realized I had never seen him angry, he always seemed so... calm around me. Sometimes a bit annoyed, but his eyes had never changed color. I waited for him to continue, suddenly anxious to find out more.

"Creatures of the light don't live in the Underworld. It is forbidden for them to be here, unless permitted by one of the Royal family. True, some dark creatures and light creatures are friends, even mates, but they tend to be sworn enemies. Which makes your current situation a bit... unusual." He paused, opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but was unsure of how to say it. "You're mainly demon, but somehow you have traces of most other creatures. Angel, dark elf, light elf... but you also seem to be almost half vampire..."

"What?!" My father boomed, now standing in front of me. I didn't know how he had gotten there so fast, and I flinched, scared of his sudden movement.

"I'm sorry, sire. It seems she has been... contaminated." My jaw dropped and I stood up, backing away from Lucifer.

"Contaminated?! I let him bite me!" I screamed at them both, sick that they would class what happened between me and Damien a contamination.

"Who is he, Ambrosia?" Lucifer asked, his eyes flickering red, black, purple, every dark color I could think of. But only dark colors. He was a dark creature through and through, and I fought the urge to spit at his feet. He grabbed my arms roughly, slamming me back against the stone wall. "Who bit you?!" I laughed and he slapped me, and I tasted blood on my lip. I felt fangs growing slowly in my mouth, making me laugh more, and Lucifer moved away from me, snarling.

He stormed out of the room, but not before glaring at me one last time. I turned to Tristan, who was looking at me in awe. Everyone else was filing out of the room, staying their distances away from me. "You are the only person to ever get away with that... Anyone else would find their head on a plate if they dared say a word like that." I chuckled to myself, pleased I had finally stood up to him. But my throat started to burn with an intensity I'd never felt before, and Tristan went pale. "You're thirsty..."

I nodded and he walked towards me, undoing the top few buttons of his shirt and pulling it aside. "No, Tristan. Not like that. I can't feed on you." I shook my head, but he brought my face up so that I was facing him.

"It's either you feed on me, or you die. No one else will be willing, Amber," he told me, softly. The wave of trust was sent over me again, and I soon found myself pressing my fangs into his neck and feeding off of him. But it didn't taste right to me, so I pulled back. "Amber..."

"I can't Tristan. Something's not right..."

I'm sorry it's so short, but I wanted to get something up :S

honestly guys, I love you all so much (: