The Three Hottest Guys In School Like Me... It's Just My Luck They're Not Human -- part 10

**AMBER'S POV**

I woke up to a massive headache, with a tube sticking out my wrist. I shuddered, hating the fact that there was a tube inside of me. I got squeamish at tiny little things like that. The hospital was empty, and besides the beeping of the machine I was connected to, there was silence. I slowly pulled the white sheets off of me and stood up. I looked at my wrist, hating what I was about to do, but there was no way I was going to stay here. I slowly pulled the tube out, wincing from the pain that suddenly soared through my body, but steadying my hand enough to get it out. Blood started to drip from the wound, but I found a bandage large enough to cover it and tied it around my wrist. There were a few wires attached to my skin, but I was relieved to find out they were only pressed against the skin and didn't actually go into me. I pulled them off and turned around to see a dark figure standing in the doorway, smirking at me.

"Can I help you?" I said, a bit hesitantly. He leant against the doorframe and smiled, suddenly making my headache disappear. He walked towards me and took my hand, which sent tingles down my spine. But something wasn't right here. I snatched my hand away from him and he looked at me, confused.

"You're Ambrosia Moore, right?" I nodded, trying to get a clear view in my head of what I could do if this guy turned out to be some psycho maniac. "Your father sent me to get you." I suddenly remembered everything I had heard last night. Had it been a dream? Or did the nurse really say I was... the devil's daughter? I had a feeling it was something I wasn't supposed to hear.

"I... I'm not sure. I mean-" I heard a noise out in the corridor, and the guy looked at me, panic on his face. I managed to steal a glance at his eyes, black but not with the sparks of color like with Damien and Jayden. There was a comforting feature in his eyes, and trust seemed to overwhelm me. That sense that something was off came back, but it wasn't as strong as before.

"You know... I think it's about time you and me got out of here." I looked up at him and he looked down at me, sending another rush of "trust". But this time it didn't work.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you're controlling my feelings. I'm not gonna trust you if you do that." He looked down at me, eyes wide.

"How the hell..."

"I could feel you doing it." He looked at me and grabbed my arm and pulled me through the labyrinth of corridors, to which I let him do, but there was something in the back of my head, repeating one word over and over. "Demon..." I whispered, staring at the man in front of me. "What's your name?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm Tristan." But he looked ahead, barely stealing a glance at me. I was getting angry at being dragged around everywhere and I could feel my eyes changing, to what color I didn't know, but it scared me. I started to feel cold, ice cold, but it wasn't uncomfortable. "Ow! Damn, what the hell?" Tristan said, letting go of my arm and looking at his hand. "What did you just do?!"

"I'm sick of being dragged around! Tell me where we're going and then I'll decide if I actually wanna go!" He looked me up and down and muttered something under his breath. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I said for God's sake I hope Jonathan has a great time getting you under control!" My face must have dropped, because he realized he had said too much. "Damn! How the hell are you doing this? You can resist me controlling your emotions, which only a demon can do! You can change temperature to the extremes without feeling it yourself, which only a vampire can do! Your eyes are burning white at the moment, which only an angel can do! And yet you can get people to listen to you by just saying something, a trait only seen in the Elders!" I looked at the floor, contemplating everything he'd just said.

"I'm not sure either..." I thought about it and then he grabbed me, and someone else gagged me as I tried to scream. My hands were tied together, so I couldn't struggle away from the people who were holding me. Someone blindfolded me so I just tried to listen in on what was happening.