.16.

Ou, yall. I just uploaded the first chapter in my other book, "To the Fullest." And, I decided on that one. So, if you would go read it :)

---

"So you're one of those basic white people who love to put lemon on everything." I stepped back and glared at the lemons Nadia took out.

"What? It's good!" She said, defending her lemons.

"Oh yeah, it's good. Until you make a sauce out of it, put it on your pork chops, put it in your water, douse it in lemon juice and make a lemon desert. That's going overboard." I claimed.

Last time I cooked with Nadia, we cooked everything lemon.

Everything.

We made mini lemon cheesecakes, and the crust had lemon. Dang, the garnish, a melted sugar thing, tasted like a sweet lemon. I don't know how we did it. Nadia was supposed to teach me how to make a carrot cake that day.

"No lemons." I glared at Nadia.

"Fine!" She stomped around furiously.

"Let's make Macaroons!" I squealed like the pig queen.

"All by myself." I sang.

"But you're not by yourself." Nadia looked confused.

"Fine then I'll sing something else while I whip these egg whites to perfection!" I yelled.

"CALL HER GIRLS AND SHE'S ROLLING UP, HIT THE PARTY IT'S GOING UP. SHAKE THAT. WORK THAT. MOVE THAT. OH YEAH. SHE A GOOD GIRL, BUT CHI KNOW SHE BAD THO. ONE TIME. TWO TIME. SHE CAN'T OH YEAH. SHE A GOOD GIRL BUT CHI KNOW SHE BAD THO.

DADDY'S ALL DILUSIONAL, UPSCALE'S HER USUAL. BAD CHICK FROM THE VALLEY NEED CASH TO BE SUITABLE. YA YA HE KEEP HER LAVISH BUT, HE DON'T KNOW HER HABITS CUZ, SHE LIKES TO PARTY YEAH. SHE KNOW SHE BAD THO." I sang on the top of my lungs.

"Ugh. I hate that song." Nadia groaned.

"Well, it's an amazing song." I argued.

"Here. I'll sing you another one." I smiled.

I looked down at my egg whites, hey! Would you look at that! It's at a frothy perfection! But we need stiff peaks. Sigh.

"3 little birds sat on my window. And they told me I don't need to worry. Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet. Little girls double Dutch on the concrete.

Maybe sometimes, you've got it hard but it's alright. The more things seem to change. The more they stay the same. Ou, don't chi hesitate.

Girl put your records on. Tell me your favorite song. You go ahead let your hair down. Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get you dreams. You go ahead let your hair down, I know you'll find yourself somewhere somehow." I wisked the eggs quickly.

"Baby lock the doors and turn the lights down low." Nadia sharply looked at me.

This was our song and she knew it.

"Put some music on that's soft and slow." I dropped what I was doing.

"Baby we don't got no place to go!" We sang together as we