.1.

I stared at the bright red numbers, making sure to hit the snooze button.

It was currently 5:45.

Last night was a blur. All I could remember was father beating me. I thought back to when Kalena, my sister, died.

---

It was a cold Tuesday, and I had just finished hanging around with Diana who owned this beautiful diner. Nadia  would usually walk home with me, but she couldn't that day, as she stayed after school to finish a project.

The only sound was tweeting birds and of my boots clicking against the sidewalk.

Out of the blue a hand grabbed me aside. It smelt of a rogue. I immediately started screaming, only for me to be cut off by his hand gripping my neck. He smashed his mouth against mine, making me gag in disgust. He pulled my hands against my back and forcefully grabbed and duck taped my hands behind me, of course after taking off my shirt and bra. I was disgusted. He forcefully ripped off my pants.

"DADD. Help me, please. Please help me." I cried, but it seemed as he blocked off his link.

I cried hysterically. As the rogue had forcefully raped me. I was 16. The rogue had taken me into the woods and laid me in a cave before hanging himself, saying that he was sorry and that i had reminded him of his mate who died years before. I sat and cried. My mate... he would hate me.

"Dad, dad help me, please!" I cried into my dad's mind link.

"Adaline?" Kalena called. She was 17 and mateless.

"KALENA NO!" I yelled as a rogue snapped her neck.

"Dad help me, mom isn't answering her link and you aren't either. Please, help me. PLEASE!" I screamed into the link.

"Stay there I'm coming" He screamed back.

I sat on the soil. Holding my bleeding sister. I checked for a pulse.

"Baby!" He screamed, as he felt the loss of a member, nonetheless, his daughter.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I cried into my mothers arms as they took away my once alive sister.

---

I thought back to Mum's death, 4 days after Kalena's.

---

"MOM!" I yelled as mom was suddenly tackled to the ground.

The same rogue that killed Kalena was holding Mom, I watched in horror as he snapped her neck.

All I saw was red and that lead up to me snapping his neck.

I ran to the house with Mom.

I didn't sleep after that. And that's when the beatings begun. They spared my stomach because of the baby that was living in there for the time being.

Nadia was sent off to her mate. And I stayed behind to wait for my mate.

---

"MUMMYY!" Elliot ran in the room.

"Hi baby." I stroked his brown curls. He, luckily, looks exactly like me.

"Pop Pops got touy four me." I flinched. Pop pops.

"That's good baby. Go play with Pop Pops, I need to get ready." Why he was awake this early, I'm not sure.

I quickly ran to the hall way to use the bathroom. I need to get done within the next 10 minutes.

As I brushed my teeth, I stared at my small curves. I had no fat at all and I was sure that this was not healthy. My brown hair lay flat on my head, reaching mid back. My green eyes were dead. And, i was disgustingly short. Standing at 5'2. I quickly tied my hair in a low ponytail and ran to the kitchen where i prepared breakfast for the whole pack. I set the table quickly and stood to the side where insults were rolled off their tongues, thrown at me. I tried to ignore them, until Cathy slapped my head to look at her and not my feet.

"Look at me while I speak to you, mutt." I stared at her eyes.

"You disgust me." She spit at me.

I'm the Alpha's daughter, you do not speak to me like that! I wanted to scream, but in all, I was a nobody.

I didn't speak, in fear that Elliot would hear my screams from his "Pop Pops" study and come running down. Then, he would be taken away to another pack for a month and I wouldn't get to see or speak to him. And, the beatings would be worse.

"Adaline." Father's harsh tone made me jump. I hoped and prayed that he didn't see.

"Yes Alpha Kale?" I bowed in respect.

"Tomorrow, we will be going to an Alpha gala. We are required to bring our mates and family. So, i will be taking you and Elliot. Don't dare to speak to anyone, got it?" Alpha Kale gave me a harsh glare.

"I got it Alpha, what should i wear there, Alpha? I would love to have your opinion." Lies. I could care less about his opinion. I have no dresses, so I will surely be wearing a simple outfit.

"Wear a nice, casual outfit. I don't give a shvt about how you feel. Just make sure to dress nice and cover up everything. Now, i have to go and play with my lovely grandson, Elliot." He turned away without saying anything else. I, honestly, think he's changing. He's being more kind. But it might just be because he wants to get on my good side to only back stab me.

"Okay Alpha." I managed to squeak out.

I walked to my room after finishing the dishes. I would plan my outfit and then clean the whole house. I decided to wear a pale pink sweater with some jeans, they were the only good clothes that I had, they used to be Kalena's so I hid them with care.

After laying my outfit in a secret compartment in the wall, I set off to do my chores. I cast a spell to do all of the chores and I was done. Mom was a witch, so she would teach me everything she knew after I trained for the day.

"Good you're done. Have this day to be with your son." Alpha Kale Heart informed me.

"Thank you Alpha Kale." I bowed. I could only do small spells because Alpha Kale injected me with a substance that made my witch, Layla, and my wolf, Kris, weak. They spent most of their time healing me.

"Yeah. Be ready for tomorrow." He turned and left, probably to do his Alpha works.