Chapter Thirty-Nine

Nathan turned around when he could hear shouting and then saw Ben before grunting, "Fuck."

Now with even less time than before, he went over to the edge of the steel wall and slammed his hand against the red button that started pulling down the chained wall from the ceiling.

As it was closing, Ben shouted, "Nathan! Nathan, no!

Nathan looked at Ben, tilting his head with a painful look etched on his face until it was completely shielding him on the other side of the metal door. He turned around, leaning his head against the door just as Ben pounding against the door. He could hear his friend's desperate cries for the door to open, but Nathan knew he couldn't do that.

This was the worst way to say goodbye to his friend.

Travosky and his men slowed when they reached the part of the factory where Nathan was only standing. He didn't move away from where he was, just continued to give a vacant glare at the blonde man.

The man latched on his menacing grin as his men were forming a half circle around him, to block Nathan. Travosky chuckled, "Well, well, well. Looks like I get to pay you back after all, Mr. Henry."

Nathan's jaw tightened, narrowing his eyes before glancing behind the round bellied man and over at the C4 that was perfectly in place.

Travosky, unnoticing Nathan's glance, nodded towards his men on each side of him, "Get him. We'll bring him back to the quarters. I have so much planned for you that I am too ecstatic to not go through with it right here. There's just not enough space."

Grinning, Nathan cocked a brow, shrugging, "Don't plan on it."

Before Travosky's men could nab him, Nathan sped forward and threw himself down, sliding to slip by Travosky and another henchman. He pushed himself onto his feet with a grunt and grabbed hold of the remote control he hid earlier. He spun around, extending the remote control arm outward at Travosky and raised a brow again.

"Any last words?"

Travosky's eyes widened catching sight of the control then dropped his vision to follow the wires now suddenly present under his own feet. He slowly raised his eyes to Nathan and took a deep breath, grinning back once he knew he'd finally met his match.

"Well played, Mr. Henry."

☙ღ❧

Ben panted, shaking his head, "Nathan!"

By the time he reached the door, he slammed his hands against it; balling them up to pound them over and over again. His tears stung his eyes, frantically trying to pry the door open.

"Don't do this, Nathan! Nathan, open the door! Nathan!"

Adam panted, finally reaching Ben. It was a subtle moment that he could linger on the surprise of how quick the older man was on his feet when the brunette was always joking about what a damn slow poke Ben was; usually tossing in something about using a cane to speed up the walking.

His arms wrapped around the man's chest, attempting to pull him back. 

"Ben! Ben, we can't stay here! Come on!"

"No! Not without Nathan!"

Panic ensued Adam with the little bit of time he had to get he and the others away from the factory. Nathan's whole plan would be a waste if they remained in this close proximity. Having no other option, and using the older man's panic to his advantage, Adam reeled back his arm and knocked his elbow on the back of the older man's head.