Chapter Nineteen

Mara smirked at the dazed expression Nathan wore, sitting across from her.

His hair was angled outward in certain places and the collar of his jacket was half popped up while the neck of his t-shirt was stretched out. Nathan was sitting back against the seat, blinking at the table top with his brows raised.

Mara was quite proud at just how good she was getting at sex. She certainly wasn't as innocent as Nathan made her out to be, that was for sure!

She smiled, leaning her chin on her palm after propping up her arm onto the table. Anna had returned and was currently eyeing Nathan's far-off look. Mara raised a brow, sitting up straight and lifted her face to smile sweetly at the waitress, asking for the check.

Anna nodded, glancing with a curious frown in Nathan's direction as she pulled off a white piece of paper from her small blue booklet and placed it onto the table. When she placed it in the middle of the table between the pair, the waitress's eyes were now on Mara.

Mara didn't like the way she was being watched by the woman. Not one bit. Something about this woman was just off. But Mara couldn't place it. She just didn't seem like a waitress just by looking at her. She didn't fit the part.

She sat back, chewing on her bottom lip, as her eyes looked Anna over again, this time, paying attention to anything different than before.

Anna's dark hair was pulled into a sleek bun with two black chopsticks sticking out diagonally from one another. Her grey eyes were underlined with heavy dark eye-liner and her pink lips were outlined in red with shiny lip gloss making them shimmer. The white apron she wrapped around her waist had two L-shaped bulges in the front pouch that Mara never noticed before.

Mara's blue eyes lifted to Anna's, who gave her a silent questioning look with a lifted brow.

The sitting female swallowed, cowering in her seat. She nervously cleared her throat, raising her shoulders.

"Can--- Can I have some water, please?"

Anna narrowed her eyes for a moment, staring down Mara who was using every bit of strength to not tremble in front of the intimidating woman. After the long stare down, Anna turned away towards the kitchen.

As soon as she was out of ear shot, Mara looked frantically over at Nathan.

He was leaning his head back, eyes closed with his hands behind his head.

"Henry..?!" Mara squeaked, her blue eyes constantly shifting from trying to get his attention to checking for the waitress's reappearance.

Nathan didn't move, but responded, "Hm."

Mara glanced in the direction Anna disappeared in, again, and whispered loudly, "I think we have to get out of here."

Nathan mumbled, still unmoved, "Why?"

She swallowed, glancing away again, as her stomach became knots. She tucked a strang of hair behind her ear, biting her lip and shifting in her seat.

"I just have a bad feeling about that, Anna, woman. She gives me the impression that she's not who she makes herself to be."

Nathan slowly lifted his head with his brows furrowed.

He was frowning at her like she was crazy and Mara sighed, anxious to leave, "Please! This has nothing to do with jealousy! I'm serious! I never noticed it before, but she looks nothing like the other waitresses... like anyone for that matter!"

Shaking his head and leaning on his arm that he placed on the table, Nathan raised a brow, "I don't understand."

Mara groaned in frustration, shaking her head, and whispering harsh and loudly, "Henry! Listen to me! Something is not right! I know you can't see it because she has boobs, but is there a possibility that that Travoksy man could send... well, a female?"