Chapter Two

Nathan tucked the small blanket around his mother as she was sitting back against the sofa. His sister was moving about the apartment; picking up clothing, shoes, wrappers, and empty beer bottles off the floor.

Chambers eyed his sister as he was finishing up his third serving of the microwavable goodness, taking long gulps from the red cup his brother gave him earlier.

He wondered all the time how Lily was able to do most things like a normal person. She's been blind her whole life yet she knew when Chambers was trying to sneak up on her or when she needed to step over and around things blocking her path.

Nathan never saw it as anything unusual. He always was so proud Lily managed to do things on her own.

Of course, why wouldn't he? Nathan taught her everything.

All growing up, he researched the net on how to make life easier for Lily. Chambers remembered the many times (in the very beginning) when Nathan led Lily around with an arm linked with hers, letting her feel everything around her and even counting the steps it took to get around the areas of the house.

Now Lily walked around without assistance and didn't even act like she was blind.

As she was piling things she picked up into a bundle in her arms, she looked in the direction of her older brother.

Lily scrunched her nose, "I see that you boys aren't picking up after yourselves."

Nathan grinned a little when she said, 'I see', then he shrugged, knowing she couldn't see him, "We haven't been home. I'm the first one back here. Ben and Adam usually get back a few hours after sitting at the bar all day."

He watched his sister frown, moving a strand of hair from her face before leaning over the side of the lazy-boy by the couch. She stuck her hand in between the cushion to sit on and the backrest; she retrieved a peanut butter granola bar and lifted a brow at him.

Nathan shrugged again, a corner of his mouth lifting shyly.

"Adam sleeps there."

Lily nodded, "Yes. I know. I smelled the peanut butter."

She used the granola bar, waving it to scold Nathan, "How can you allow them to get drunk on the first day of coming back from whatever dangerous place you just came from?" Her cheeks turned red as she huffed, "You should know better!"

Nathan frowned. He wasn't a babysitter. Who was he to refuse his friends from letting loose after a dangerous mission they were given?

Going back to tucking in his mother and brushing her hair with his hand, Nathan shook his head, "They are grown men, Lil. I have my way of letting loose and so do they."

Lily scowled, "Pft! Yes. I don't need to be reminded about how you 'let loose', thank you."

Nathan rolled his eyes. He glanced at Chambers, lowering a brow when the youngest Henry spoke with his cheeks puffed out and filled with the pasta, "You mean sex?"

Lily snapped her head in his direction, hissing for him to watch his mouth.

Chambers frowned at his sister, shrugging non-caring, "What? What's wrong with saying the word 'sex'?"

He craned his neck forward, raising his brows, "I didn't cuss."

Lily scowled, "You might as well have. And how do you know about what Nathan does anyway?"

She grimaced just hearing that out loud. 

She didn't really like that her brother would "relieve his stress" with occasional one night stands. Those women usually came running back when they needed a night of cuddling... and then some.