Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

The man took a deep breath, running his palms over his greasy slicked back hair, leaning his head back.

Anna growled under her breath. She didn't like being showed up. She didn't like being humiliated, even if it was true.

It was just that the damn man in the middle was so attractive, it had thrown her off that the girl with him could have possibly been who Anna was hired to look for. Anna would admit, however, the man was good at his job. The bodyguard was extremely skilled when it came to fighting and she only found him more irresistible.

Unfortunately, she had a policy about dating younger men. It was too complicated in the end when they wanted someone their own age or younger, but if Anna could have, she'd keep this one on a leash.

Anna huffed, glaring back at her boss who pointed a finger at her.

"Don't give me that look, Anna." Travosky warned. His brows shot up, reminding the woman, "I own you. You do well to remember that." 

He took hold of the flaps of his clean suit and tugged at it in an 'I'm running the show' manner as he continued, "If it wasn't for our little arrangement, you most certainly wouldn't be able to keep your sis---"

When her hand shot up, Anna's voice spoke over his, "Alright! I get it! No need to get all high and mighty, and as for my attraction towards the guy..." she glanced at Nathan narrowing his eyes back at her. "Sure, it's only natural when someone who looks like that, overwhelms a woman."

She glanced at Mara, raising a brow, "Am I, right?"

Mara narrowed her eyes slightly before looking away and Anna scoffed, rolling her eyes back at Travosky. He shook his head waiting for her to shut up before he asked, "Shall we get back to business?"

With a flick of her hand, Anna shrugged and Travosky turned back to Hallden. He leaned downward, narrowing his eyes and through gritted teeth, demanded, "Where... is my money, William?"

Hallden's eyes darkened, his brows in a deep crease, and shook his head with a small grin.

"It's all gone."

Hallden smirked wider at the wide-eyed surprise on Charles face.

"Every single penny that I had to my name is gone. The properties I own are not under my name, nor are the accounts in the bank with my surname. It's. All. Gone. This whole ploy you had has just blown up in your face once more, Charles. You can pretend like it isn't true, but with all the power I have anywhere I go, do you really believe I'd rehire the men that screwed up their assignment before, to get back my daughter?"

Travosky glanced at Mara and then at the two hired men. Looking back to meet Hallden's taunting gaze, Travosky spoke softly, "You're lying."

Hallden raised his brows, "Am not." 

He stuck his chin up, puffing out his chest, "Why do you think it was such a desperate move to marry her off? Without being able to support her, I had to resort to the next best thing. And that was to give her a husband that would be able to afford anything she wanted and needed."

The father lifted a brow, turning his head slightly to tease Travosky a little more, "What's your move now, Charles? You won't receive anything at the end of this. It's pointless."

Everyone in the factory stared at Hallden with wide eyes. This information he spilled was slowly sinking in, and Travosky was the only who twitched his lip up into a sneer. He straightened, turning his back a moment before spinning around and punching the father backwards.