"I'm not jealous! Why would I be jealous of her?!" She spat the last part of her response with her eyes in the direction of Anna taking someone else's order.

Nathan grinned, lowering a brow. He shook his head, leaning his torso more successfully over the table, "I didn't say anything about her."

Mara blinked, her rage gone for a moment, before the handsome man had to add, "But I guess if you want to talk about her..." He jumped back against the booth seat just in time when she swung her free arm at him. Nathan chuckled, relaxing against the cushioned seat.

The blue eyed young woman used her lethal fork to point its end at him, narrowing her eyes, "Creep!"

"Brat." He retorted simply.

Mara eyed him and knew he was trying to get her to smile, but she didn't want to give him that satisfaction. Her eyes slit more and leaned back against her booth seat just as he was.

Nathan raised a brow, accepting her challenge of getting her to smile, and grinned widely. Mara dropped her fork to cross her arms under her chest. Nathan glanced down a moment with her bosom being pushed upward, then quickly looked back up at her.

Mara smiled inside.

She could make him squirm, too, if she wanted. All she needed was to do little things with her body and he'd be all hers. She bit her lip seductively, raising a brow and tightened her arms, making her bosom push together again, enough to protrude the top more.

Nathan swallowed hard, his eyes set on that particular part of his brown haired imp. His attention lifted and immediately groaned when she started chewing on her lip. The toe of her shoe started to graze up the side of his pants, startling him, as it teased its way inward along his thigh.

At the sight of Nathan's entire body tense, Mara pulled her foot away and kept her brow raised, grinning, "Gotchya."

He scowled at her.

Mara giggled, returning to pick up her fork and started eating. She seemed pretty content with her small victory over the six foot two heartthrob.

But Nathan shook his head, smiling. She was definitely something else. And he wouldn't have her be any other way.

His gaze travelled down to the V-neck opening of her blouse and his jaw tightened at the mental images of him kissing and nibbling that blessed bosom of hers.

Nathan couldn't describe the way he wanted her all the time, other than how he just had to have her all the time. He looked over his shoulder, relieved that they were the only ones seated in this part of the diner; completely isolated from everyone.

Turning back around, he could see Mara had her smug expression still as she chewed her food.

'Not for long,' he thought, grinning.

Nathan slumped down in a relaxed posture, and leaned his chest against the table to make it easier to reach across from under the table.

Mara didn't notice what he was doing until she could feel something crawling up her leg and under her skirt. She slowed her chewing, trying to figure out if she should freak out or not, and realized too late what was happening when she looked up at Nathan who was smirking at her.

Her eyes widened and before she could speak, Nathan's fingers had already glided up her bare leg and caressed her skin in circles. Mara's breathing hitched.at the pulsating contact.

She swallowed, dropping her fork and pressed her palms flat onto the table. She tried to gain control and pull away, but Nathan's magic fingers were keeping her from thinking straight as they were moving up her leg more, but slower... closer to a particular part.

Mara closed her eyes, biting her lip hard and was trying to keep from giving in. But the teasing her leg was being tortured with, until Mara whimpered when he pulled away.

He sat back against his seat just in time, smiling charmingly, as Anna came over and raised her brows, and looked at Nathan's empty plate, "Are we satisfied?"

Nathan kept smiling at her and nodded, "Ohhhhhh, yes. I am very---"he looked at Mara, "--satisfied. Thanks, miss."

Anna nodded, smiling and took their plates away.

Mara narrowed her eyes, breathing hard, her fingertips gripping against the table top still. She hated when he did stuff like that. He always knew how to cheat.

And made it known as she shook her head and growled, "Cheater!"

Nathan only laughed , not noticing that Mara was standing up after gaining enough composure. She stood by him, pursing her mouth in a pout as he looked up at her, still amused. His arms were stretched out on top of the booth behind him, raising a brow with his head tilted.

That cheeky expression only added to the fire burning inside Mara.

She leaned down, speaking softly when she was nose to nose with him.

Mara grinned, raising a brow to reciprocate the cocky look Nathan had down to a tee.

"Two can play that game," was all she boasted.

Nathan raised his brows, blinking. His smirk vanished instantaneously at her words and sultry gaze. His eyes were still wide when Mara latched her fingers onto the front of his t-shirt and yanked him out of the booth and into the ladies' room.