Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Just--- sigh, Adam, just tell Ben what I said."

"Alright, alright. Keep your balls in your pants."

Nathan rolled his eyes and was about to hang up when Adam said, "Hey, Nate!"

"Yeah...?" The sleepy agent mumbled dully, rubbing an eye with his fingertips slowly.

"Tell Mara that I can't wait to show her a good time."

Nathan dropped his hand from his face, lowering his brows straight ahead. He narrowed his eyes, leaning more into the phone, and growled, "Hey, Adam..."

"Mmm-yeah?"

"Fuck you."

Nathan hung up the phone and dropped it back onto the floor, not caring that he'd have to scavenge for it again later. He took a deep breath , trying to calm his nerves Adam riled up in him a few seconds ago. But he didn't have trouble easing his tension once Nathan laid back down and could see the dark haired woman sleeping soundly beside him.

The bed sheets covered her just at the small of her back. Her coffee curled head slept on the mattress alone since her pillow was on the floor. It had somehow been shoved off throughout the night. Those plump lips he enjoyed so much the night before, were parted slightly, and her arms were tucked awkwardly underneath her with her hands hidden under her chest.

Nathan's eyes gazed down her bare back and could see the light bruises he left on her unblemished skin. He noted there were bruises on different parts of her back, her hips, and even some on her arms. It was sure he left some in other places, but they weren't visible at the moment.

He rolled onto his side, moving closer to her and kissed her forehead where her bangs had fallen to. She stirred; frowning slightly before she snuggled closer to him.

Nathan couldn't stop the smile bloom on his face as his arm wrapped around her. He sighed, feeling the tip of her nose against his chest when he did so. His fingers caressed her bare skin as his eyes started to droop, indication of him about to drift back to sleep.

Well, he almost did.

"I'm so sore." The brunette whispered.

Nathan opened his eyes and looked down at Mara's head.

She sighed slowly and was tracing her fingertip on his peck. She lowered her brows, worried, "Is that normal?" Mara's blue eyes lifted up to his.

Nathan glanced to the side, and frowned.

"It usually is the way we dove in... but would be more likely if you never had sex before."

When she didn't answer, Nathan knew.

He closed his eyes and tightened his jaw. Sighing, he looked down at her head again, "Mara, why didn't you tell me?"

Mara rested her fingers against his skin, caressing him slowly. She bit her lip, thinking of a question to answer him with. She lowered a brow, wrinkling her nose, "Would you still have wanted to?"

Nathan looked straight ahead at the sunlight shining through the blinds behind her. He laid there thinking over her question; Had she told him the night before about being a virgin, he knew that his want for her would not have changed. Ever.

"Yes," he answered. "You make me want you, more than anything."

Mara lifted her head quickly, wide eyed, to look up at his face. Her blue eyes blinked repeatedly, and her voice soft, "Really?"

Nathan looked at her and grinned a nod.

He received a frown a moment later and Mara looked down in contemplation.