Chapter 20

~Monica~

When TJ was fast asleep I got up and got my phone from under the bed and left the room.

I unlocked and looked at it.

(Texts)

*Monte: Glad you came and talked to me. We can trust you right?

I deleted the entire thread of messages and locked my phone then sifted through the bills on the counter, most unpaid due to TJ's lack in work.

He wouldn't like this but I knew what I had to do.

I snatched a piece of napkin off the counter and wrote

"-TJ
Went out to run some errands and shop a little. See you later.
Love,
Monica"

I put the napkin on the table, grabbed his car keys and a hoodie and went out the door.

It was hot and sunny outside and I was dying of the heat in my sweatpants but ignored it and pumped up the air conditioner when I got in the car.

In about an hour I was where I had to be. I parked the car and just waited, trying to keep aware, looking through the darkly tinted windows.

Glancing in the mirrors and looking around got old within around five minutes however and I ended up day dreaming.

I thought of the eyes that pierced into mine. That boy in the traphouse... I felt guilty for thinking about it but couldn't help it much, they weren't bad thoughts, I just wanted to know more,m to figure him out.

~Jay~

I took a deep breath when I saw the black Audi with all tinted windows across the parking lot.

Monte asked me to do this, and as much as I didn't want too, I sorta had too.

A girl like that doesn't need to be around this shit.

Shit, I don't want to be around this shit. My mind went back to the man I had been watching night after night. I had been dying with curiosity on who he is, how he was involved with TJ and what TJ had planned.

I had seen TJ do some cruel shit, I guess his heart can be okay at times but he sure is a bastard... She deserves better.

I shook my head trying to focus and stop thinking so much, feeling the filled baggies in my pocket.

I looked around one last time then made my way to the car. Finally reaching it I knocked on the window lightly and the window opened.

"You shouldn't be out here doing this." I said getting close to the window.

She refused to make eye contact almost as if she was ashamed.

~Monica~

As much as I hated what he was saying because it was true I craved for him to speak more. Words came out smoothly from his mouth with a strong voice showing dominance and smoothness.

I looked down and pushed it from my thoughts, he was right I shouldn't be but I was left with no choice.

"What's your name?" I asked, trying to change the subject. I wanted to stall a little before doing a crime.

"Jalen... They call me Jay" he said trying to fake a smile.

"I'm Monica" i said looking up at him. He had a muscular build and strong jaw line. And he was enchanting to say the least.

I turned to hide my admiration of his body.

After a moment I turned back around, him still making eye contact with me. But a movement caught my eye from across the parking lot, someone approaching.

I looked a little closer.

There was a gun aimed in our general area and I froze.

"TJ stop!" I screamed as he gripped his gun a little more.