Chapter Seven

~TJ~

That night we didn't say a word, I felt so terrible that I just did all that infront of her. Maybe it was myself I needed to protect her from.

But I don't want to loose her, after tonight I never want to be without her.

When we got home she went in her room and I went into hers, no movies, no goodnight nothing.

~Monica~

As I laid in my bed I couldn't help but hear those gunshots pierce through the air. This is exactly why I didn't want to get involved with him.

~TJ~

When I was in my room and I was sure she was in hers I took off my shirt and looked at my wound. Shit hurt but is was no big deal, the bullet honestly just skimmed by me. I puts some alcohol on it then bandaged it up. I was thankful Monica didn't see it, if she saw I was hit she would've freaked out.

It was stressful just having the thought that my Monica might be mad at me or think I'm a killer.

I went into the living room, lot a blunt and soon fell asleep on the couch.

>The Next Day<

~Monica~

As I laid asleep on my bed I felt a soft touch on my forehead then a tender kiss. I didn't open my eyes, I knew it was TJ.

"I'm so sorry babygirl, I'm so so sorry." I could hear him whisper. Still, I kept my eyes shut and he soon left.

It was hard but I soon drifted off back asleep... Soon I was seeing today all over again, hearing the shots except this time TJ didn't get back up, I ran too him and shook him but he wasn't responding.

I woke up scared and crying. Was I really that worried about him? I couldn't fall asleep for the next hour so I finally decided to go see if he was up.

When walked into the open door to his room I could see him asleep on the bed. Then I don't know what made me do it but I went over and laid next to him, moving myself as close as possible to him.

He just wrapped his arms around me, I stayed awake for another minute wondering why it felt so right to be in his arms. I nestled in closer to him, his strength surrounding me and fell asleep.

~TJ~

That morning when I woke up Monica was asleep in my arms, I couldn't explain how happy that made me.

After last night I had a lot of work to do to make up for that. I still can't believe I killed someone infront of her. I don't want something to happen like that again, but getting out of the game would mean no more money coming in. I gotta think about this, get my head straight.

I looked down at Monica who was beginning to wake up.

~Monica~

As I drifted awake all the bad thoughts started to come back to my head but when I opened my eyes and saw TJ the sort of just went away.

I barley remember crawling in bed with him but I just remember wanting to feel him close. I treasured that he was alive and okay.

"Goodmorning" TJ said breaking my thoughts. I looked up at him and kissed him on the cheek, "Goodmorning Terrance." I said with a giggle. His eyes widened, "Watch the government name shit." He said playfully "okay Terrance" I said once more then kissing him.

"So you aren't mad?" He asked. I froze, "I'm upset, and wish I didn't have to see that but I realize now that I'm thankful you're alive more then anything, and scared for you." He looked right into my eyes when I spoke, giving me his full attention. "Can we talk about it later?" I asked, he nodded.

The rest of the day we watched movies, it was so much more enjoyable not over thinking everything and being able to lay in his arms. I tried my best to keep yesterday out of my head. I don't want to be mad I just want to be able to chill with my man.

I was his, and he was mine.

AUTHORS NOTE!!
Sorry it was short but I thought it was an okay stopping point because I'm about to jump up in some time a little. I hope everyone is enjoying! Thanks so much for reading and a special thanks to those of you who voted for my work.