CHAPTER 3: How We Met

This chapter is in first person, but it won't be in the final version. Decided to finish writing the actual story instead of using time to correct each chapter 24/7. I'll update this once the story is finish and I start my final draft. 

Thanks in advance for understanding. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 3: How We Met

             "Have fun sweetie!" my mom shouted from the kitchen to me as I was coming down the stairs, and about to head out the front door.

              "Will do!" I replied, practically skipping out the house. Even though I'm completely unsure how things will turn out.

              Before I left, I grabbed a jolly rancher off the table near the door. Just a small something to enjoy prior to the ice cream. I'd already eaten my mom's delicious breakfast earlier, so I wasn't hungry for a meal. Now, I was ready and opened the front door. In the process of rushing out, I ran smack into my dad. I couldn't help thinking, ouch!

              "Whoa." Dad teased, while brushing himself off. "No good-bye for the best dad ever?" 

              I'm glad I couldn't see him right now. He sounded serious, and I'm sure he was making some kind of pitiful, neglected face. I grinned at his comedy as always though. After smiling, I told him I'd see him later, even adding a hug before I gave another attempt to head outside. Now pleased, he moved aside; mentioning aloud to stay safe, before I walked too far off.

          I waved him off nicely, and continued along the sidewalk. Kelly was in her car, waiting in the driveway. I slowed my pace, and followed the rustle of her engine. I opened the door and got in. Immediately we said hi to one another. She reversed the car, and we began driving to the place.

            "Cute shoes." Kelly said as I buckled my seat-belt.

            "Thanks." 

            That's all I could ever say when I was complimented. It always caught me off guard and made me smile, but I also felt somewhat discrete. Being unable to return the compliment, nor completely agree, I simply had to leave it at that. I didn't truly care what I'd looked like though, as long as I was comfortable.

            Fortunately, I was. My skinys, hugged the slight curves of my thighs and legs delightfully; leaving enough room to breathe of course. My top was a casual tee, and it had a cute logo on it. And my feet were comfy in some of my favorite flats that I've had for about half a year. 

            When we arrived at the place, Kelly got the park closest to the door for me. Not that I asked her to, just one of her usual generous and much appreciated offers. In entering the door, a cute chime of a bell rang. The jingle reminded me of home. A lot of places back home had those sorts of welcoming features. I smiled and continued to follow aside Kelly, hoping not to run into anything or get lost.

          Music was playing, inside, from the speakers above. Loud enough to hear, but low enough to talk without yelling. I was starting to like this place, along with getting eager for my dairy treat. A breeze caused a chill to run through my shoulders. Luckily, my mom made me carry a jacket.

            "Kelly!?" A girlish voice shouted, and the stranger came closer.

            Great, how did I forget about the others that we're meeting? I didn't mind them; it just brought up my nerves again. Hopefully, she told them I was coming; I wouldn't want to be an intruder. What if she didn't? Now, I could barely breathed, even though this place had plenty ice cold air to take in. Kelly suddenly took my arm, and led me closer to her. I followed, but I looked away in the opposite direction. I hated feeling like a third wheel, but I hadn't known for sure yet if I was one.