Prologue

This would be a huge step for me. There was no going back, I was too far ahead now. And I could no longer decide, since I had already made my choice. Realizing this, I began to get ill of my thoughts and the butterflies in my tummy started flying wild. I’d be experiencing something I never had before, and never actually thought my parents considered. But, I was partially wrong … My mother had shocked both my father and I when she asked our opinion on the subject. In fact, I remember the moment so vividly that it made me confused and thoughtless all over again. My mother spoke on the same idea I'd had, but never brought to surface.

I’m a seventeen year old girl who’s been home schooled all her life, and finally I get the opportunity to attend a real school. Yes, I was very excited, but I had this vast dilemma. A dilemma which is the reason that I’ve been taught at home for all of these years. Now, I have quite a few talents … which may seem more like normal things to the average person. I’m capable of smelling my favorite aromas and nailing their name on my first try. I’m also able to feel various surfaces and textures, with my eyes closed, and knowing, for the most part, what I’ve touched. Great with overhearing things that I probably shouldn’t. And lastly, I have taste buds that are incredible. But, the thing that I fail at, a talent I do not own, and the reason of my dilemma, is that I cannot see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Minor changes) I try to keep prologues short and sweet. :) If you found the prologue okay, let me know. Or if it's unnecessary, I'd like to know that too!