47-Guinea Pigs Save the Day

Start from the beginning

The Hunters were taking calming breaths and loading their bows.

Hylla sort of glanced at everyone and tried to wait patiently. She and Reyna were positively itching for battle.

Drew figured out how to hold her dagger.

Chris petted Clarisse the Shrew.

"Almost," Hazel whispered, then the empty room vanished, being replaced by....

...rubble?

Or, in other words, the ruins in Athens.

The scene was so bizarre, they took a few seconds to even react.

"Just throw the apple to me," Circe murmured, "come on now."

The prime minister, a tall and worried-looking man, hesitantly tossed an apple at her.

"There!" she cried. "Now we're engaged, I mean as long as you believe you're in Greece this will work."

Then one of her attendants spotted the demigods, "HEY!"

Circe whipped her head around. Then she snapped her fingers, and a wall of water appeared, blocking their way. It stretched from floor to ceiling and wall to wall. Something like this had definitely been prepared before-hand.

Miranda snorted and stepped towards it. Chris tried to grab her, but she stormed straight into it. Even though she went right through, she couldn't get out to the other side. The light and liquid seemed to warp and twist, making it so that she was either walking in place or walking around in a gigantic water bubble but they just couldn't tell.

Circe's voice could still be heard slightly from the other room, "Finally arrived? Try getting through that half-bloods! And don't even try breaking through the other walls like bulldozing maniacs, you'll end up in water."

The demigods were kneeling and trying to see if they could move the water somehow (hey they were running out of ideas), and Miranda gave them a terrified wide-eyed look. She couldn't get out.

"Miranda!" Hylla threw an arm into the water, reaching for her. Miranda was pushing towards her, but her hand couldn't quite extend far enough.

Katie was squeaking and trying to get out of Hazel's pocket. "No shh," Hazel soothed, "she'll be fine." She turned to the water and concentrated on stripping its magic, but there was no effect as far as they could see. "It's connected to Circe," she reported, "maybe if we got her to touch it..."

Hylla pushed in farther, and Reyna held her sister's other arm in case she got pulled in too. "Hazel, try at the corners! Everyone else, distract Circe! I'm talking to you, Drew!"

Drew panicked, "I literally just ran a mile! And used a whole lot of charmspeak, hon! I can't do it again!"

Reyna didn't reply, but turned her worried eyes to Miranda.

Miranda had just touched Hylla's finger when she broke into a fit of coughing, bubbles floating to the surface as she got the water went into her mouth and lungs.

"No! Come on!" Hylla bent down and her hand closed around Miranda's wrist, but when she pulled out, her hand was empty. She gasped. "Miranda!"

The daughter of Demeter stumbled backwards, the bubbles gone. She began floating to the ceiling, since her arms weren't windmilling to keep her down anymore. Katie was squeaking, and Hazel was pressing her lips together, a tear going down her cheek.

Travis dropped his bag made a grab for her leg, and Kayla shot a lasso arrow, but the refraction, or the magic of the water, made both go straight through her.