E I G H T E E N

Elle's POV

I was sitting in the kitchen, a bowl of Lucky Charms in front me because they're his favorite. Hearing a knock on the front door, I set my spoon in the bowl and climbed off the bar stool. The knocking become banging and I heard someone shouting but, the voice was muffled.

I unlocked the door and slowly, pulled it towards me.

"Elle Martinez?" The woman was dressed in a cops uniform, she stood with her hand on her gun and a serious expression on her ageing face.

I looked past her, through the yard and down the driveway seeing a total of three police cars parked, a news van and people- so many people, just standing there and waiting for something to happen, but what? I brought my eyes back to the women and nodded, "I'm Elle Marti-"

"Ms. Martinez, you're being arrested for the murder of Coleson Baker." She stated, yanking me toward her. Too stunned to say anything, the world moved slowly like I was watching from another's perspective. My hands were pinned behind me and I didn't even try to resist, because I just couldn't. I no longer had control of my body, nor my life.

The women listed off my rights, but I couldn't hear her over the sound of my own pulse.