S E V E N

Noah's POV

Miami's weather is always
unpredictable. I gripped my steering wheel tighter with high hopes that a thunder storm wasn't approaching while I'm in traffic. I'm not worried about what Justin has to say, I'm curious and a little anxious too.

Part of me doesn't even care about last night anymore, yet I'm turning down the street of the park. It's like two streets over from Elle's and Justin is walking. I feel it's unnecessary for him to walk in the rain when we could have just talked at Elle's, but if he catches a cold that's his problem.

I pulled over on the side of the street underneath a light post, left my car running and locked the doors. Hotline Bling began playing quietly on the radio, I huffed out a breath and lowered the volume. I looked out at the park across the street and saw much of nothing past the street light. Fear sent a chill down my spine, the park was high key creepy. I checked the time on my phone, it's half past eight, glancing up from my phone I saw him.

Well, I wasn't quite sure it's him, but a dark figure was coming up the street. I kept my eyes on them, memorizing the dip in each of their steps. They got closer then he stopped right before my car, I looked up at him through the windshield.

Despite the rain hitting him, Justin smiled and briefly waved. I laughed quietly while waving back. My eyes followed as he walked around the car to the passenger side. I'd forgotten the doors were locked until he pulled the handle, so quickly I unlocked it.

"Hey," Justin spoke quietly, maybe he was breathless from his walk.

"Hey," I finally switched the ignition off, leaving on the neon blue lights from my dashboard and radio system.

Justin pulled his hoodie off his head underneath sat a black beanie, black just like his hoodie and the jeans he wore that were tight but just the right type of tight. He leaned back against the seat, getting comfortable. I sat upright and still with my hands in my lap, that is how I'm comfortable.

"I don't remember you.. being there." I admitted, looking out the windshield. I knew Justin was looking at me but for some reason I couldn't look at him. The feeling that I had done something wrong was back and currently swallowing me whole. I suppose it's guilt, or maybe regret?

"Look at the pictures in your phone."

"the pictures in my phone?" I mumbled, grabbing my phone from my lap and unlocking it. Why the hell hadn't I thought of that? I clicked on the photos icon, my entire gallery popped up. I looked over at Justin, he was looking at the phone too. I tapped on the last photo taken, and actually began to laugh.

The photo was of myself all up in the camera. I scrolled left, shaking my head at myself. Justin chuckled at a few of the pictures, typically I'd be embarrassed but we are both amused. "I think, I was driving when you took these." He laughed softly, leaning closer to me for a better view of the phone.

"You were driving?" I asked, confusion evident in my expression. He nodded. "Where did we go?"

"To McDonalds then to your hotel." He shrugged, then swiftly took the phone from my hands.

That's how I got the fries. "You weren't drinking?" I was now looking at Justin while he continued to laugh at the screen.

"No, I was." My eyes widened, I wanted to slap him for driving my car drunk then myself for allowing him too and for getting the damn car. "You were wasted, you kept getting in the drive seat saying you were going home." He explained so casually.