S I X T E E N

Noah's POV

"It's been three days babe."

Three days since I woke up happily next to Justin and content with the ache in my body and head.

Three days since Stella interrupted my happiness by telling me that Elle, my best friend had been in some accident.

I've cried so much during these past seventy-two hours. I'm certain that my tears are endless.

At first, I cried because I was so confused. Stella wouldn't say what happened which only made me panic more. I remember running to the elevator- still covering my naked body in the bed sheet, hyperventilating the entire ride up to the penthouse and for some reason I believed Elle would be in bed waiting for me.

She wasn't.

By the time I had dressed myself in Elle's sweater and a pair of sweatpants which I found on the floor, Stella and Justin we're knocking at the door.

Durin' the taxi ride to the hospital Stella told to me all that she knew and that was not much.

She just kept saying, "I didn't see it."

Justin didn't say anything. He just held me while I tried calming myself. I knew if she we're in the hospital then it must have been something horrible and that didn't make staying calm any easier. He hardly said a word to me since that morning. He is waiting in the waiting room though, along with Stella and Kayla- who showed up yesterday.

The doctors say there isn't anything else they can do for Elle, it all depends on her now. I held on tightly to her hand, my cheeks stained with tears as well as the bed sheet where I've laid my head down so many times.

"When are you gonna wake up?" I pleaded softly. I miss the sound of her voice and her cheerful laugh, and the charming gleam that's always in her eyes. "I know things have been different between us lately, but I'm back and I promise you- we'll be better."

I remember the last conversation I had with Elle before Justin knocked on the door.

This was after the show had ended and she and I we're up in the penthouse. We never had plans to attend a party, we wanted to stay in and watch Christmas specials but Elle wasn't acting like her usual cheerful self. I quickly realized it was because of what she told me as we stepped out of the car.

But, I never got the chance to say anything because I saw Justin standing out by the street and anything else happening around me was suddenly a blur.

She said they think she did it, so I asked. "What do you mean- they? They who?"

"Like, the government? The police? I don't know."

She was so distraught and almost in tears. I really didn't like seeing such a happy person in such a sad state but honestly, seeing her any other way is better than this.

"How were you allowed to leave the state? Aren't you being questioned or-"

"I didn't kill him!" She snapped, her eyes bulging wide and her head shakin' quickly.

"I know." I said quietly, "I don't think you did Elle. It's just there's laws and stuff so-"