| 17. new year's eve

Here's another chapter!!! The book has a few more before it ends.

I'm actually pretty sad that it's ending. I feel like it's been forever even though these two books were done and published within only like three months.

Question: What did you all like about Jack and Maeve's relationship in the last book?

I love you all!!! <3

~Mia

*********

"destroy what destroys you."

*********

"WE ARE HERE IN London in this New Year's Eve and the crowds are out in force."

At the magic shop, everyone had on a different local news channel broadcasting from one of the many electronic devices that they all used.

"A video gone viral from the infamous horsemen magicians has surfaced."

"They promised to make a reappearance, but will it end in their arrest on national television or some sort of vindication?"

Danny shrugged his shoulders, quietly mouthing to himself 'who knows' as he slid on his rain jacket for the show.

"Who knows where they'll show, but we do know, wherever, whenever that is, people will be watching."

"Yes you will." Maeve mumbled as she slid on her fingerless leather gloves. Her legs were crossed as she sat in an office chair in front of the TV that was installed in the storage room.

Maeve wore an ombré sweater crop top that faded into dark blue with distressed black shorts and fishnet leggings. Her shoes were combat boots with a three inch heel. They laced up to her shin and had a zipper on the side.

The raincoat she'll be wearing looked like a long trench coat. It had the sophisticated collar and stopped right above her knees. Of course, it was black.

"It's 10:30." Danny announced, making everyone rush to their ear pieces on the table. Maeve got up and grabbed hers the same time that Jack did. She kept her gaze down as she retrieved it and then scurried back to her corner.

Maeve turned hers on and plugged it into her year. "Testing." She lowered her voice. "Can you all hear me?"

A chorus of 'yeah's and head nods were received in response. Maeve nodded her head slightly and picked up her trench coat.

Everyone hand on their performance clothes under some sort of disguise. Lula had a large coat as well. Jack wore all black to help him blend in and Merritt did the same. Danny had on normal clothes and a rain jack with a hood to cover his face.

"You all know where to go." Dylan spoke up, eyeing everyone in the room. He dressed up as a normal London local: sweater, rain jacket, and an umbrella.

Everyone crowded around him by the entrance back into the shop. Dylan looked straight at every single person. "I'm proud of you all-"