| 14. the chosen fools

Another chapter!!

Do you guys know the show Criminal Minds? I just started watching it and now I'm hooked. It kind of makes me want to be an FBI agent. It's just so COOL!!!!

School starting Monday and I'm not pumped.

Question: what do you want to know about Maeve?

Just curious and then tomorrow I'll answer all of them.

~Mia

*********

"it takes real planning to organize this kind of chaos."

*********

"NO I HAD THE stick. The actual stick!"

After the horsemen found out that the chip that they worked so hard to get was a phoney, Dylan told them to go back to the magic shop.

Now, here they were sitting around and trying to make sense of what just happened. Dylan and Maeve both had towels wrapped around them with any extra clothing layer discarded so that they didn't get sick.

Danny sat on one of the steps connected to the staircase as he remained bundled up in a warm towel as well. Merritt was sitting on opposite sides of the room while Jack stayed close to Maeve.

Lula came stomping down the staircase in the magic shop with her expensive heels. "I swear it was in my hand in the lab and I put it in the little case thing and gave it to Maeve."

"I gave it to Danny." Maeve defended herself while she squeezed herself into a tight ball on one of the table tops in hope that it'll make her warmer.

"Right." Danny recalled. "Which I then gave to Dylan. Is there any change you possibly misplaced it at any point?"

"No." Dylan looked down as he tried to remember every last detail before he was kidnapped by Walter's men. "I took it from you and then slipped it back into your coat."

"Either way, we're holding the whole sack full of nada." Merritt reminded all of them. Jack crossed his arms and leaned against one of the wooden pillars. "Yeah, but they're gonna come after us as if we do have something."

"No, okay?" Maeve disagreed, jumping off of the table. "I agree that someone got the better of us okay? Somehow, but I don't agree that we have a 'sack full of nada'."

"Yeah." Lula agreed. "We're all here, that's a sack full of something." Maeve pointed to her and nodded in agreement.

"Listen," Maeve started and she walked around the room, looking at everyone who had already seemed to have given up on going home. "We all know that Walter isn't going to stop til he gets that chip, and we're the only ones who know he's alive. We can't just walk away."

Although Maeve was soaking wet and cold, she had the same fire in her eyes as she did when she was back in that apartment two years ago. "That is not what the horsemen do. At least that's not what they did when I was still here."