| 13. diving in deep

12:00 AM and I'm updating a chapter!!!!!

I need a life.

Oh well. School is on Monday and Cheer practice is tomorrow at noon!!!

I'm thinking about asking a question per chapter. What do y'all think?

Question: if I started a Maze Runner Series, would you all read it?

Stay sweet!
~Mia

*********

"what a terrible waste of life it is, to always take the easy path, to never know what it is to risk everything for what you love."

*********

MAEVE RAN FASTER AND EASIER in the black leggings that she just randomly pulled off from one of the booths.

She was so grateful that Henley taught her how to run in heels, or else she would have been tripping all over the place.

Maeve followed the sound of fighting and grunting, which led her to a clearing in the middle of the marketplace. Dylan was already on the ground tying to escape the enlarging group of Walter's men.

She covered her mouth when she saw Walter hit Dylan with a glass bottle. Maeve cowered back into the shadows and watched as the men dragged him away.

She decided to go around the back to get a better view of what Walter's plan was. Along the way, Maeve ran into the four horsemen.

"Maeve!" Merritt came crashing down with a large hug, almost suffocating her. "Thank god you're okay."

"I'm fine." She shoved him away as her heartbeat picked up quickly. Maeve looked over at Danny. "It's Dylan." She gasped. "Walter took him and-"

Maeve clutched her chest and bent over as she started hyperventilating from what she just witnessed. "Oh my god."

"What's happening?" Lula frantically asked, throwing her arms everywhere. Everyone else started to panic because none of them knew that she was having a panic attack.

The horsemen started closing in on her, trying to see if she was okay. They continued asking Maeve a million questions, but all she could hear was her heart beating at a rapid pace.

"Okay, okay!" Jack held his arms out, trying to spread every one apart. "Give her some space." Maeve was gasping for air as she felt her entire vision spinning.

Jack hoped that by proving he was a hero, she wouldn't be mad at him anymore. At the last minute, Danny pushed Jack away and helped Maeve up into a standing position.

He grabbed her face in his hands and looked her square in the eye. "Deep breaths. Okay? Do it with me now."

Maeve shook her head vigorously, a small sob leaving her lips. "I-I can't-"

"Yes you can." Danny encouraged as he continued to make her look at him. He inhaled through his nose and out his moth, repeating it over and over again.