| 12. dead end

I don't know how many times I've said this, but I love all of my readers so much.

It's unhealthy, but here I am at 2 in the morning reading and re-reading comments from all of you. They just make me laugh so hard that I cry.

Especially when I see an argument about Jaeve and Jula (or whatever their ship names are idk lol). I mean who knows? Maybe Lula and Maeve have it in for each other. The world may never know......

...until the end of the book.

But seriously, I love all of you so much. Thank you for reading and supporting this book as well as Deception.

Question: are you a Jaeve or Jula shipper?

~Mia

P. S idk if any of you know, but I am a huge Teen Wolf fan and these comments relating to them make me squeal. You know who you are...

*********

"looking for perfect is a big, fat myth because perfect isn't out there."

*********

THE CAR SLOWED once the marketplace came into view.

Everyone remained quiet in the car as Merritt drove to drop off the two ringleaders for the exchange.

"This is it."

Jack looked up at Lula in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Lula shrugged. "After this, it's all over. We'll have to go into hiding again."

"Yeah, I guess. But we'll be adding one more back into the group." Jack turned to Maeve and nudged her. "Right?"

She kept her head away, not wanting to look at him at the moment. Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "Is something wrong?"

Maeve kept her mouth shut as Merritt parallel parked next to the marketplace.

"We have reached your destination." He mimicked the GPS lady before snickering to himself at his own joke. He looked around at everyone inside the car with a smile.

Merritt immediately frowned and sat back in the driver's seat when he saw that no one was even paying attention. He crossed his arms and grumbled under his breath incoherent words that Maeve presumed were from his very vibrant and colorful vocabulary.

"Weirdo." Danny mumbled as he reached out his lanky leg to set foot onto the concrete ground. Maeve kept her gaze down and mouth shut as she copied his actions. He quickly went by her side of the car to help her out since she was wearing heels.

Jack watched confused as Maeve kept her eyesight away from his. He wanted to ask her, but he knew that it would have to wait.

"We're looking for someone in a blue hat." Danny reminded her as they weaved through people and tables containing junk that no one wanted. Maeve turned her head around in fifty different directions in search of the person that they were doing the exchange with.