| 05. the roomate you've never met

"the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away."

*********

MAEVE GRIPPED THE HANDLE of her customized 22 caliber pistol, checking the rounds loaded inside of it.

It seems to her that Walter snooped in her moving boxes while she was unconscious. He took all of Maeve's weaponry and some of her stationary items.

She grumbled in annoyance when she realized that Walter took the bullets out.

"Do you now carry lethal weapons in your pocket?" Danny raised his eyebrow, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"Yeah." Maeve waved the gun in the air. "For this exact reason." Twirling the handgun around her index finger, Maeve shoved the barrel inside the back of her jeans.

She intertwined her hands in front of her and watched the elevator ascend floors. Maeve could tell that Danny felt pissed after he found out about her choosing to let everyone down.

Everyone remained silent; the only thing playing in the background was some Chinese pop song. Four guards stood next to Maeve, two on each side, and the horsemen were shoved to the complete back.

The elevator dinged, stopping on the 17th floor. The doors automatically slid open to reveal an extravagant hallway decorated with a patterned carpet and glass chandeliers.

The guards led each magician to their rooms. Walter seemed to split them up by gender because Maeve became stuck with the girl she never met.

"Wow." The girl walked into the penthouse. "If this is what it's like to be kidnapped, I would want to be kidnapped all the time."

Maeve couldn't disagree with her; the place that they were staying was beautiful.

The far side of the room had clear windows with a breathtaking view of Macau and a white couch positioned in front of a wide flatscreen TV on newly polished wood floors. On the far side, a stone staircase spiraled up to the bedrooms that the girls will be sleeping in.

Two boxes of pizza and a bottle of wine were placed on the coffee table in front of the couch, attracting both of the hungry girls.

"Well, nothing says 'kidnapping' like spending the night with a complete stranger."

"Right." The girl walked over to where Maeve was standing. "Lula May." The girl stuck out her hand and shook Maeve's. "Geek Magician and illusionist."

"Maeve King." Maeve answered back, bringing her hand back down to her side. "Sleight of hand, illusionist, and mentalist."

"Ooh." Lula winked, nudging Maeve's side with her elbow. "Triple trouble."

"Actually, I just know the basics for mentalism and just mastered cardistry not too long ago."

"No wonder the guys don't like you." Lula joked and walked over to the couch, grabbing a few slices before settling down onto the white cushions.

Maeve shrugged her shoulders, slowly following behind. "Trust me, that's not why."

"Oh, I know why." Lula waved her off as she scrolled through channels. "I'm a huge fan of the horsemen."