| 01. an unpleasant surprise

In celebration for over 100 followers, here is Chapter 1.

~Mia

*********

"you forget what you want to remember, and you remember what you want to forget."

*********

KNOCK KNOCK

Maeve yawned and sat up in her bed. She looked around confused, the rain slowly pattering on the window.

Knock Knock

Maeve whipped her head to the doorway of her room. Her hair was in a bun, loosely hanging from the top of her head.

She rubbed her eyes before grudgingly getting up from her warm and cozy mattress. Grabbing the sweater from the end of her bed, Maeve slipped her arms through the holes and wrapped it close around her body.

It was around 3 o'clock in the morning in London, so saying Maeve was choleric was an understatement.

The bottom of Maeve's feet made small tapping sounds on the cold wooden floor as she made her way down the long hallway.

Knock Knock

"I'm coming!" Maeve wrapped the thin sweater around her torso, crossing her arms in the process. Her patience was slowly wearing thin from the noise that woke her up from her well-needed sleep.

Knock Knock

"That's it."

Maeve yanked the door open, a glare prominent on her face at the person on the other side.

"What!" She snapped, unable to contain the vexation that she had been feeling for the past 3 minutes.

Maeve's pissed expression turned into a state of shock when she realized who was on the opposite side of the door.

The horsemen's ringleader, Dylan Rhodes, awkwardly scratched the nape of his neck. "Sorry to wake you at this hour."

She didn't even move a muscle. Frankly, she didn't hear him due to the shock that was coursing through her body.

"Maeve?"

Maeve snapped out of it and did what any person would do at this moment.

She tried slamming the door in his face.

Dylan stopped it just before Maeve could fully close it. He tried shoving it back open while Maeve was pushing it closed.