To Hell With The World

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate.
Only love can do that."  Martin Luther King Jr.

So it's the night before the big week. Everyone has been on super friendly terms. You know how when you are little and your mom threatens you with your life for you to be on your best behavior? This was kind of our situation. Except it was Kat who threatened us, and let's face it, she's a scary woman. I'm doing my last minute packing and Nic comes into my room. She has her hands in the pocket of her jeans and she's looking down at the floor.
"What's wrong Nic?"
She looks up at me and replies "I'm worried about you A, you seem so distant lately. You seem so sad."
"I'm ok Nic, you know that."
"I know that you put on this front in front of everyone to make people think you are ok. When in reality you aren't ok."
Sigh.
"Why haven't you tried to talk to her?"
"She hasn't tried to talk to me either Nic."
"She actually has, but you've always managed to come up with an excuse, and then you run off as fast as you can."
"Well maybe I just don't want to hear what she has to say."
"You need to hear what she has to say A."
"How do you know?"
"Don't ask me how I know, just listen to me."
She started to leave the room and I said, "I'll try and talk to her this week."
She stopped and said "Oh you definitely will alright" and then she proceeded to chuckle on her way out the door. Stinking weird British woman.  No idea what that was all about. I finished packing and set my suitcase on the floor by the front door.  I think I'm ready for whatever's to come, hopefully I can get some good sleep tonight.  I laid down with so many things on my mind and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning I woke up and dragged myself out of bed.  I stood under the hot shower and finally opened my eyes.  I finished getting ready and let my hair fall lazily down my back.  I put a blue beanie on my head and grabbed one of my baseball caps and put it in my backpack.  I made sure I had my phone charger and my peppermint oil which had become kind of  my safety blanket. 
"You ready A? Your sister is out front waiting on us."
"I turned off the light as I made my way to the car."
"Are you girls ready for this?" Hannah asked excitedly.
"Yea I guess so, let's get teacher bride married finally" I answered.
"Geez don't sound so enthused A" Nic elbowed me.
I flipped her off. She bent down like she was going to lick my finger.
"Bitch.." I muttered under my breath.
"Takes one to know one" she muttered back.
"Ok kids we're here" Hannah sighed with relief and looked back at me with her eyebrow raised.
I gave her a sweet smile, leaned forward and kissed her cheek.  "Thank you for the ride sis, love you."

We easily spotted the rest of the crew inside the airport waiting to go through security.  Erin was waiting for both of us and immediately handed us an envelope with our names on them.  Why do I have a sudden need to run far away in the opposite direction?  I put the envelop in my backpack and proceeded through the gate.  It was just an hour flight so it would be quick and then the real fun would start I thought to myself rolling my eyes.
"What was that for?" Monica curiously asked me.
"What was what for?" I asked back.
"You did the Ally eye roll."
"I did?" Stop paying attention to me woman.
"You did and you let out a little sigh."
"Are you stalkin me Mon?"
"No, you bitch, I was making sure you were ok.  I figured you had read the packet already and was freaking out."
"Um why would I be freakin out? What's in this packet that I should be worried about?"
"You better read the packet." She walked away and joined the others.
I sat down and got the dang packet out of my backpack.

"Welcome to the Gordon wedding festivities.  You will find in this packet the schedule for the week and the big day.  You will also find in this packet the seating chart and buddy pairing for the duration of your stay. 

There are four suites in our cabin.  They each have their own bathroom.  It will be more comfortable this way and no changes will be made.

We will be paired as follows:
Ally and Vanessa
Lisa and Lillian
Erin and Kat
Monica and Nic